Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I found out why I've been sick and in pain... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-found-out-why-ive-been-sick-pain-t18944.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-15-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Yikes.... I hope you feel better soon! I had shingles this past winter, my right shoulder felt like it was on fire to the bone. I work in a hospital and went to our occupational health dept to get some 'exercises' to loosen up my stiff shoulder. Uh, I got sent home and told to stay away from work for a week. I think I slept the entire week. I still have pain in the bone just about everyday. Sleep, sleep, sleep- we will be here when you wake up :):)

It's also my right arm/shoulder/neck. I wonder if it plays favorites.

Cathy M 04-15-2009 09:10 AM

Are you right handed? It does 'attack' spots on your body that you are most vulnerable. I am right handed and lift tons of surgical instruments. So that was the theory why it hit my shoulder. Thank God it wasn't my bu** hahaha.

amma 04-15-2009 09:15 AM

I hope the meds kick in and you do not have to go through this again! :wink:

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-15-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Are you right handed? It does 'attack' spots on your body that you are most vulnerable. I am right handed and lift tons of surgical instruments. So that was the theory why it hit my shoulder. Thank God it wasn't my bu** hahaha.

Mostly right-handed. I'd much rather it be lower and out of site on me....If it goes to my face, I'm going to go stick my head under a huge rock and stay there.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-15-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I hope the meds kick in and you do not have to go through this again! :wink:

mmmhmmm...I'm feelin a little loopy right now.

Cathy M 04-15-2009 09:26 AM

With being on the medications, it's probably not going to spread. So your beautiful face is safe. No rock hiding for you. But ice cream would probably make your face feel happier :):) especially chocolate....

Chele 04-15-2009 09:34 AM

Geez Miranda! First it's a little spit on your avatar, now it's shingles! LOL! Seriously, I am so sorry to hear this. Rest and get better quickly. It doesn't look too bad. Better looking than chicken pox. Should I send calamine lotion?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-15-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Geez Miranda! First it's a little spit on your avatar, now it's shingles! LOL! Seriously, I am so sorry to hear this. Rest and get better quickly. It doesn't look too bad. Better looking than chicken pox. Should I send calamine lotion?

Spit? That's not spit! Hopefully it won't look worse, but it is supposed to look really bad later on. It's the pain down deep in my arm that is the worst. Calamine, yup!

Debra Mc 04-15-2009 11:00 AM

Do they give you one of those Z paks? You take 6,5,4,3,2,1 pills for 6 days like you get for posion ivy. I just remembered my dad got this last year but not as serve as you. He & mom got the shots later. They are over 60. Guess what I'm going to get for my 60th birthday some day. This shot.

Chele 04-15-2009 11:00 AM

I was just teasing about the spit. I think your heart is tres artsy! I hope your case is mild and you're back to 100% soon. I'll be sending healing vibes.