Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I HATE CELL PHONES!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-hate-cell-phones-t24754.html)

kwhite 08-28-2009 09:34 PM

I want to go to AT&T mainly cause some people here that I know say they like them and Verizon is so awful for customer servince, but DD has Verizon and DH thinks it would be too costly for us to have diffrent plans. I am so frustrated. I will go see the phone guys tomorrow and I will decide. I really hate this.

ScubaK 08-29-2009 04:03 AM

Verizon is good...
You just can't go into the retail outlets.
Give Verizon a call and see what they can do for you.
K

jnebug 08-29-2009 06:13 AM

Loretta,,Idon't have a cell phone either,hubby and both my daughters do.So far have no desire to have one.If they need me call the house and if not there leave a message,lol.

ginnie6 08-29-2009 06:29 AM

we have verizon and have for years. We've always had good service from them. We have contacted customer service several times over the years for stolen phones and just issues and have never been disappointed. They've also added the friends and family to our plan so now we use even less minutes!

bearisgray 08-29-2009 07:44 AM

Why do the cell phone companies charge both the caller and callee for the same minutes?

On the land lines, it's the CALLER only that pays.

bj 08-30-2009 06:21 AM

We have AT&T and are okay with it. That's who our son and dil are with so calls to them don't cost us anything. I use my cell a lot. Don't use house phones much at all. I'm forced to text because that's about all my family likes to do. At home, my dh will send me a text message from the basement up to where ever I am in the house...usually sewing.

sewmuch 08-30-2009 06:49 AM

Verizon here, coverage is great, mine works places where others don't. No
problems with them, ours is mostly for emergencies as we have a land line.

Lisanne 08-30-2009 07:09 AM

Loretta, I'm another one who doesn't have a cell phone. I'd like one, but:

-- most of my calls are during the day, when they charge by the minute. Sometimes I spend hours every day on the phone.
-- I often call places where I'm on hold for long amounts of time, and I'm not willing to pay by the minute for being on hold
-- sometimes I go for weeks or even months without making many calls, and pay-as-you-go plans make you forfeit the minutes you buy if you don't use them within a certain time period
-- it's ghastly expensive for anything but light use. I don't know how people can afford to chat away on them all the time.
-- the better-priced plans, such as Cricket, aren't available for exactly the places I need to call

Kyiav10 08-30-2009 10:47 PM

I have been with Nextel for 7+ years. The phone I have I've had for 5 of them. I get good service with it which is great. But I don't have too much luck with replacing the phone for dirt cheap without having to renew my contract.

Kyia

zyxquilts 08-30-2009 11:04 PM

I have a 'pre-paid' phone with Boost Mobile. I only use it when I'm traveling, never carry it around home. It only costs me $20 every 3 months & as long as I remember to add the $$ before the 3 months is up, it rolls over the minutes. The phone itself is a Motorola & seems to be pretty much bullet proof. No fancy ringtones, no photos, etc, but does what I need it to. :wink: