Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I have gas over the price of gas... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-have-gas-over-price-gas-t104434.html)

NanaCsews2 03-02-2011 07:58 PM

A yard of fabric can be had for cheaper than a gallon of gas, and we get more mileage out of it.

DirtyPaw 03-03-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by sweetp2dt
A yard of fabric can be had for cheaper than a gallon of gas, and we get more mileage out of it.

That is a good point and uplifting at the same time.

DirtyPaw 03-03-2011 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Shari1967

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I spent $80 to fill my gas tank last Friday..

They cut us off at $75 here. (like I can't go to another gas station and finish filling up :roll:)

I have heard of credit card companies having a limit at the pump. It makes no sense to me to stop the pump. Like you said you can finish elsewhere.

Shari1967 03-03-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyPaw

They cut us off at $75 here. (like I can't go to another gas station and finish filling up :roll:)

I have heard of credit card companies having a limit at the pump. It makes no sense to me to stop the pump. Like you said you can finish elsewhere.

For me, it's not my card - we use the debit card, no credit (and I know my bank doesn't cut me off at the pump). It's Shell and Exxon that do it. Not sure if anyone else does but those are our primary gas stations we go to. I don't know if it's the company itself or the individual franchisers.....either way it's kinda stupid IMO - it's like they are trying to regulate the gas I get but I still use the same amount - I either fill up elsewhere or come back another day.....still the same IMO.

milp04 03-03-2011 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyPaw

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I spent $80 to fill my gas tank last Friday..

Hi,

You should check with the sales clerk on their procedures. This is an automatic feature built into the pumps for sales security protection. The sales clerk on duty should be able to over-ride the automatic stop allowing you to finish filling your gas tank.

This is done for utility type trucks that have two tanks that need to be filled. Also large rv's also have large gas tanks.

Hope this helps with your next fill-up.

Have a Great Day!

Pam M

Dodee 03-03-2011 05:46 AM

I heard on tv that it could go up to $5.00 per gallon.
People won't be able to go out and shop - you see what is happening to our economy.

delma_paulk 03-03-2011 05:46 AM

Ours increased again today to $3.59

GRRRRR

akrogirl 03-03-2011 05:55 AM

Ironically, I don't normally have to do much driving, but I have had doctors' appointments almost every day for the past few weeks and it isn't going to get much better for the next five months. Great timing - not!

stephanie765 03-03-2011 06:05 AM

3.65 in west michigan

sandpat 03-03-2011 06:27 AM

AWK!!!! This is driving me crazy! It goes up EVERY day! Like they pay for a new shipment each day. :roll:

The $75. cut off has to do with the level that you must sign for...I think. They told me that they can run through a slip for under $75...but if over, they must have the card holders siggy..its all about security. I just go in and ask them to over-ride and they always do.