Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I have to many sewing machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-have-many-sewing-machines-t214575.html)

pocoellie 02-23-2013 07:58 AM

Eleven here, was at a yard sale and they had a couple of older machines at a great price, but dh would kill me if I brought home any more machines, plus I have absolutely NO room for more. LOL

newbee3 02-23-2013 11:48 AM

Well I guess I have a few machines two old singer tredles, one quilt designer 11 and on Topas 30 sewing and embroidery one light weight janome gem, and recently acquired a nustyle quilting machine with 12 ft table . Like you all would not want to get rid of any.

Nanamoms 02-23-2013 12:18 PM

I was just pondering on the exact thing this week! I have 14 machines but only have room for 3 to be set up in sewing room; although I do have 1 set up in my bedroom and 1 on my kitchen table! LOL I really am going to thin the herd and sell a couple. When I sell them, I'm going to use the $$ to put more storage space since the room is small room and I need to organize it but want to put up crown molding and repaint. So maybe this will be a good trade-off. LOL

lclang 02-24-2013 06:13 AM

Well we all have our vices don't we?? I gave away five machines and still have over a dozen...just love them all!

sherryl1 02-24-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by skothing (Post 5881239)
Well it is true. At last count I had 13. Well since then I have given 3 away and bought more. I once heard it is bad luck to count them. Well I am going to a retreat and wanted to take my FW but wanted a zig zag feature. But didn't wanted a heavy machine. So what was I to do. The auction had a fold out sewing singer tool caddy and a 301A in the original case and all the feet for $120.00. The weight was lighter than I expected. There was one like it on ebay for $200. So I guess it will be okay.

That's not too many.Who told you that?They were mistaken.I think I have around 50.So,I am approaching the magic number.75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caswews 02-24-2013 09:02 AM

LOL and I only have 4 sewing machines and one serger. Hey its a start !LOL 1-Pfaff 2 Bothers and 1-Necchi and one pink serger !LOL

sewbizgirl 02-24-2013 09:27 AM

Oh no! This discussion compelled me to go count my machines... there are 13 including my two sergers! Last time I counted it was only 8. I think they are multiplying!

skothing 02-24-2013 09:40 AM

LOL Oh my, I don't have any answer to that. I guess I see my 4 children selling all this stuff for a quarter at a garage sell. I just finished cleaning the 301 A. I wish I knew who the lady was that had this machine. I could tell she cared for it and used it for clothing construction. I wander, what did she make on it , did she make her children's clothes? She wasn't a quilter. But what did she do.? I found all her notions. Construction stuff for clothing. I love this machine. It has the Zig zag box with the foot and all the feet for ruffling hemming and the all important 1/4 foot.

Originally Posted by sherryl1 (Post 5884542)
That's not too many.Who told you that?They were mistaken.I think I have around 50.So,I am approaching the magic number.75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBeamer 02-24-2013 10:55 AM

I quess collecting sewing machines and fabric is like an addiction, like hoarding. So what do you call those people? A quilter!!

tenngal 02-24-2013 01:06 PM

Good deal on the 301 !