Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I live in a BUSY neighborhood! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-live-busy-neighborhood-t189843.html)

funcupl 05-24-2012 05:15 AM

We have pretty much all of the above but you can add pheasants to that. They live in our grove to the north of our home. Love hearing them chirp (or whatever you call there sound) once in awhile in the mornings. We even have kestrel and owls in our trees. Love all the wildlife!
Claudia

GABBYABBY 05-24-2012 06:01 AM

I have rabbits under the front porch, mother and 4 baby squirrels and mother and 2 baby ground hogs.
plus other animals I am sure, just have not seen them yet.

luvTooQuilt 05-24-2012 06:10 AM

I forgot to mention to my post above.. .. Chipmunks, squirrels, Foxes, horses and lots of cows......

mltquilt 05-24-2012 06:28 AM

I live in the city but we still have racoons (set up house in our chimney when cap came off). They left when babies were big enough to be out and about. Also had a stray coyote roaming the neighborhood.

mltquilt

Favorite Fabrics 05-24-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 5238943)
Take your pick.. We have lots of critters in our neck of the woods:
Cardinals and canaries, woodpeckers, blue birds, hummingbirds, Eagles, Barn owls, Horned owls, turkey buzzards, coyotes, bob cats, black bear, Does and Bucks, hawks, rabbits, albino skunks, Armadillos, beavers, minks, groundhogs, rabbits, possums, box turtles, snapping turtles, turkeys, and dont even get me started on the local snakes !!!

Wow, you have a LOT of company in your yard. What state are you in?

(If you're in the state of Confusion then we may be neighbors...)

Neesie 05-24-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics (Post 5238910)
Fluffy gray stray cat... a groundhog under the shed... last night a possum waddled through the yard at dusk, and tonight I smelled a skunk (probably digging for grubs in the lawn)... I sure live in a busy neighborhood!

Who's in YOUR neighborhood?

Lots of different birds, cows (across the road), rabbits, raccoons, skunks, deer, coyotes, occasional armadillo, mice, rats, snakes, scorpions . . . . I live out in the country. :)

Grandma Peg 05-24-2012 07:03 AM

Wow, I guess you have a busy neighborhood. Kinda like ours. We have been feeding a bear lately. He has destroyed a couple bird feeders during the wee hours of the morning. Glad he doesn't come during the day.

cjr 05-24-2012 07:09 AM

My small city back yard usually only sports my plaastic rabbits. Totally walled in. I have seen a couple of rats within the last week. They come for food from restaurants on other side of wall. Time to get traps out, again. This happens every so often. They love hiding under my ivy.

jude by the sea 05-24-2012 07:10 AM

Where do you live? I love your wildlife....oh I don't have any cardinals in my area. Your so lucky. We have eagles etc. but no cardinals. We live in cental california. Enjoy your animals!

jude by the sea 05-24-2012 07:12 AM

The above post was to: luvtooquilt