Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I live in a BUSY neighborhood! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-live-busy-neighborhood-t189843.html)

Favorite Fabrics 05-23-2012 08:12 PM

I live in a BUSY neighborhood!

Fluffy gray stray cat... a groundhog under the shed... last night a possum waddled through the yard at dusk, and tonight I smelled a skunk (probably digging for grubs in the lawn)... I sure live in a busy neighborhood!

Who's in YOUR neighborhood?

MaryMo 05-23-2012 08:15 PM

an obsessive opposum that gets into everything destroying freshly planted garden ... he was even persistent enough to get out of the trap set to catch him!
P.S. Can she/he come live in your neighborhood?

sherian 05-23-2012 08:31 PM

I have deer, rabbits, birds, cats, dogs, squirrels, and just saw a fox yesterday. I have my morning coffee on my back porch with my camera I have been able to get good pictures. I am trying to get some pctures of bumble bees on clover next. They are so great to watch when you have a little down time.

sharon b 05-23-2012 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the same animals in my 'hood- are we neighbors ? LOL Oh wait I have racoons also BUT I live in the middle of the city so am not use to these things being around :shock: The groundhog is not afraid of me either GGGRRRR here is a pic of the one in my backyard [ATTACH=CONFIG]337624[/ATTACH]

Chasing Hawk 05-23-2012 08:48 PM

We have rabbits, the people who lived in our house before we bought it. Let their pet rabbits loose when they moved out.
Now they have populated the neighborhood....lol

Two winters ago there wasn't much food out for them to scrounge for. So they ate my ornamental grasses and even ate my evergreen trees. I read up on this, and they will eat anything just like a goat. But evergreens were a last resort on the food chain.
We have a 6 foot wooden fence around our two acres, but we left small openings so if something was chasing our cat she could escape to safety. That is how the bunnies got into the yard. :)

luvTooQuilt 05-23-2012 09:00 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Take your pick.. We have lots of critters in our neck of the woods:
Cardinals and canaries, woodpeckers, blue birds, hummingbirds, Eagles, Barn owls, Horned owls, turkey buzzards, coyotes, bob cats, black bear, Does and Bucks, hawks, rabbits, albino skunks, Armadillos, beavers, minks, groundhogs, rabbits, possums, box turtles, snapping turtles, turkeys, and dont even get me started on the local snakes !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337626[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337627[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337628[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337629[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337630[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337631[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337632[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337633[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337634[/ATTACH]

barri1 05-24-2012 02:52 AM

Wow.. You guys are so lucky.. I have a big silver train going by every hour.. Cars that are going pretty fast... My upstairs neighbor who's dog barks when he passes my door on the first floor to let my little guy know that Marley is passing.. Would love to have the animals lurking in the grass..You also have the wonderful smells of the out doors..

Sew N Tune 05-24-2012 04:37 AM

I have 3 deer, rabbits, blue birds, robins, hummingbirds, sometimes foxes, an occasional bear, stray cats, and possums that peek thru the french door in the living room at night.

Greenheron 05-24-2012 04:53 AM

Some of the above (no eagles or big owls) plus a plague of feral cats who munch on songbirds.

NikkiLu 05-24-2012 05:07 AM

We had two raccoons and a possum eating out of our dog dish at the same time recently! I had put it really close to our front door so I just turned on the porch light and there they were - eating peacefully together.