Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-love-cooper-i-love-cooper-i-love-cooper-t176652.html)

auntpiggylpn 01-23-2012 07:47 AM

I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . .

1 Attachment(s)
I left the living room and went down the hall to my sewing room/office. I was in there for about 10 minutes. I came out to the living room and this is what I found! I just keep repeating "I love Cooper" so I don't strangle him!!! (Cooper is my 4 yo shepherd that we rescued a few months ago) This used to be a couch pillow!

Chicca 01-23-2012 07:50 AM

Oh Drats....yes just keep repeating "I Love Cooper".....our fur babies can do the darndest things.

alwayslearning 01-23-2012 07:51 AM

Oh, Cooper!

Jazzmyn 01-23-2012 07:59 AM

Well maybe Cooper didn't like the pillow and thought you needed a new one......noticed he did that right next to the basket of toys...guess the pillow was more Fun to tear up.

luvstoquilt 01-23-2012 08:36 AM

Shame on Cooper..you gotta love him...maybe that was the reason he was available for rescue? Next time take him with you when you leave the room!

auntpiggylpn 01-23-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 4902335)
Shame on Cooper..you gotta love him...maybe that was the reason he was available for rescue? Next time take him with you when you leave the room!

I was no more than 10 feet down the hall from him with the door open. The funny thing is that our other dog BG was sitting on the floor watching him and our cat Lily was sitting on the back of the couch watching. They didn't think it was their place to rat him out!!!

Charlee 01-23-2012 08:41 AM

Is that Cooper in your avatar? He looks contrite... LOL

crafty pat 01-23-2012 08:42 AM

Looks like Copper is in the dog house for awhile.

auntpiggylpn 01-23-2012 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4902353)
Is that Cooper in your avatar? He looks contrite... LOL

My avatar is our shepherd Zeus that we lost in September to cancer. I should have posted a picture of Cooper.

jrhboxers 01-23-2012 09:38 AM

Thank you for adopting Cooper. This is just a rough patch but it will get better. You need to tell Cooper that you are disappointed in him and let him know that you are upset. Don't get mad and yell or anything. Any dog - especially a rescued one - will be hurt much worse knowing that you are not happy and that his act has disappointed you.

Take a wild guess how I know this after doing Boxer Rescue for 19 years. [wink] Just talk to him like he is a child that needs direction. I will bet you anything that he will figure out quickly what NOT to do to keep mommy happy.

EDITED TO ADD - The destroying will end fairly quickly. But the 'let me see how far I can push before mommy pushes back' will probably last forever. My girl worships her daddy but that didn't stop her from taking the butter stick off the counter while he was cooking 18" away. Just remember - they are basically perpetual 3 year olds.