Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I need some motivation please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-need-some-motivation-please-t21325.html)

Bevanger 06-14-2009 06:01 AM

Sit with a plain scrap and play with all your decorative stitches. I do that alot just to get me going.

amma 06-14-2009 06:31 AM

So sorry to hear about all of the stress that has been in your life recently...glad to hear that your son is not hurt as bad as you originally thought...they can be the death of us!!!!
Sometimes I just have to tell myself to look at my projects like it is a job. I will go to "work" for X amount of time each day until I get whatever needs to be done, finished. Surprisingly, it can be the motivation I need to get back into the sewing groove.

Ninnie 06-14-2009 06:53 AM

BC, I'm so glad you started this thread, 'Sorry for all the upheaval that's been going on. Hope everything settles down this week , back to normal for you,

I can't get in the mood to sew either, and still need to do B@W blocks and a surprise gift and mini quilt. Tried to work last night , but stitches were awful and had to take them out. I just can't get going and it is driving me crazy,
I think amma may be right, see it as a job for awhile, I think I'll try that today.

Hang in there and know you are not alone in the way you feel, it seems to be a normal thing, after reading these posts! That makes me feel a little better :D

kwhite 06-14-2009 09:13 AM

Make something small just for you. Hyacinths for the soul my MIL used to call them.

bearisgray 06-14-2009 09:35 AM

bc - wow - hope things settle down for you.

As far as the sewing goes, how much of that is a MUST do versus SHOULD do versus WANT to do? What is the worst that would happen if you just closed the door on everything for a while?

Also, with all the stuff going on in your life, I appreciate your taking time out for the kind words you sent to me.

Shemjo 06-14-2009 09:44 AM

OMG! You have your hands full with LIFE! Praying that all will settle down and you can take a breath! Try a wannado, a small sample if you iwll. But don't force yourself. When health issues come up, everything else has to wait! Maybe put together some hand work that you can take with you away from the sewing room.

kluedesigns 06-14-2009 09:57 AM

when i get into a sew funk i always make a handbag.

it always lifts my mood to have a cute bag to sport around town

Mousie 06-14-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
My neighbour's house burned down the week before last, very frightening, in the middle of the night as these things always are. He wasn't home at the time, but we didn't realise that for quite a while.

Then my partner had a "cardiac episode" the same night, bought on when he couldn't find me (I was helping the neighbour get their kids and puppies out).

And Friday just gone my 11 year old got rushed to hospital by ambulance, strapped to a back board, with a suspected neck injury. He's fine, thank god, it's muscular not spinal. But was another very frightening few hours.

I think I need a vacation!

oh, Blue, first thing you need is a HUG! ouch, you stepped on my toe...it's ok...they're only 1/4" long.
(compared to your 8-10 inchers :roll: :lol: )
well, we were talking about you coming to visit, and sew with me...now's the time...hop on a plane, don't try to 'wing' it, lol :D
I'll get you back in the mood, if we don't yack it up, too much! well, you'll be in the mood, even if we don't get much sewing done, lol!
we'll have you from :cry: to 8) in no time, dude! :XD:

Mousie 06-14-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I'm sorry that you've had all these trials and tribulations in your life recently, but hopefully that's all over now. As far as motivation, one of the members on board, said to spend just 15 minutes a day doing something in your sewing room(reorganizing your stash, sewing, etc) and the motivation will come.

sounds funny, but I mean it! what were those sex therapists names?
(years ago), they would have ppl that were bored do things, but
NO SEX...go, sit in your sewing area, with no pressure to do anything.
The urge will come back, eventually.
(funny, it doesn't always work that way with, sex, lol! :roll: :mrgreen: )

SulaBug 06-14-2009 12:05 PM

Blue Chicken,
I can certainly relate to your situation.
How are you feeling, after your bad cold?
Mine is getting better, but I still have no
energy to sew. I did finish my second set
of B&W blocks yesterday. Now I am working
on your Doll Quilt. I sure hope you like it!!
Give yourself a BIG {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}
:D :D :D :D :D :D

PS: It's 1:05 PM Sunday, June 14th, 2009