Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I Over Watered My Green Beans This Morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-over-watered-my-green-beans-morning-t121231.html)

Stacey 05-06-2011 08:06 AM

I am still in awe. This morning as I hand watered my vegetable garden I had a couple unexpected visitors. A female hummingbird flew into the spray from the hose. I moved it thinking that she would drown but she flew back into it. So I moved it back to where it was. She flitted about a bit and then she settled onto a squash leaf and started bathing. It was SO cool. She wiggled her tiny tail feathers and her wings. I was transfixed and didn't move a muscle. Not even to pick my jaw up off the ground. I have never seen anything like this. And, THEN, if that is not total overload, here comes the male. So gorgeous with his ruby chin and iridescent green back. He started flying back and forth through the spray.Like most men he was taking a shower. This went on for some minutes. They finally flew off into a nearby tree. WOW! An aside .... my green beans will not need water for a few days now.

DebraK 05-06-2011 08:08 AM

way cool ;-)

Murphy 05-06-2011 08:09 AM

What a wonderful sight and opportunity you had. Thank you for sharing.

lbaillie 05-06-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Stacey
I am still in awe. This morning as I hand watered my vegetable garden I had a couple unexpected visitors. A female hummingbird flew into the spray from the hose. I moved it thinking that she would drown but she flew back into it. So I moved it back to where it was. She flitted about a bit and then she settled onto a squash leaf and started bathing. It was SO cool. She wiggled her tiny tail feathers and her wings. I was transfixed and didn't move a muscle. Not even to pick my jaw up off the ground. I have never seen anything like this. And, THEN, if that is not total overload, here comes the male. So gorgeous with his ruby chin and iridescent green back. He started flying back and forth through the spray.Like most men he was taking a shower. This went on for some minutes. They finally flew off into a nearby tree. WOW! An aside .... my green beans will not need water for a few days now.

I love hummingbirds. I'm lucky if I can get them to come to the feeder.

QuiltnNan 05-06-2011 08:26 AM

great experience!

luvnquilt 05-06-2011 08:33 AM

WOW, what a special way to start your day! ;)

fabrichore 05-06-2011 08:35 AM

what an awesome story and site to see...lucky you...

sueisallaboutquilts 05-06-2011 08:51 AM

Just wonderful for you! Thanks for sharing about our little friends :)

cjomomma 05-06-2011 08:52 AM

That is so cool! Some ppl have all the luck. :-)

Quilter7x 05-06-2011 08:52 AM

Wow, what a wonderful treat you had today! :thumbup: