Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I should be happy but...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-should-happy-but-t21144.html)

Rhonda 06-10-2009 07:21 AM

They never stay too far away from you ! They always need you just in a differant way. My son who I see rarely calls me to talk or when he needs something! He called me a couple of days ago for the ingredients for a recipe he wanted to make. Or they call to have me look up a phone number while they are on the road!!
I hear all the time one of my dears say " Hey Mom could you ...."and of course the answer is usually yes!
And they eventually come home with grandkids and a spouse( hope the latter comes first not the other way around!!)
Take heart! She still loves you and needs you just in a differant way!

BellaBoo 06-10-2009 08:17 AM

You two are so pretty! My two girl babies are in their 30's and yes they are still very much my girls. I love them beyond measure but I raised them with the intention of them being out of the house and self sufficient by college end. Now I want to be hearing Grandma! Grandma! Grandma! not Momma! Momma! Momma! :D

Quilt4u 06-10-2009 08:29 AM

I've been there. Here are some Hugs. And it dose get better.

nellie 06-10-2009 09:09 AM

you,r baby is beauitful ,you,ll never lose your baby trust me i know they came back home beleive me ,and sometimes with surpises lol you,r so young you both look like sister,s

k3n 06-10-2009 09:12 AM

What a beautiful picture of the two of you, K!

amma 06-10-2009 09:21 AM

Beautiful picture!!! Our children are always happier about their birthdays than we are :wink: You may not have a little girl anymore, but you have a wonderful young woman :D 8) :D

kwhite 06-10-2009 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone. This is one of those sad but happy days for me. I am very happy to have you all to help me through. DH would just say "Don't be silly, Get over it"

Nellie LOVE YOU for the sister comment. Gramma Amma he's waiting!!!!!

omak 06-10-2009 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Thanks everyone. This is one of those sad but happy days for me. I am very happy to have you all to help me through. DH would just say "Don't be silly, Get over it"

Nellie LOVE YOU for the sister comment. Gramma Amma he's waiting!!!!!

Wonder how DH is feeling about losing his little girl?
Sometimes, our daddy heroes get gruff because it is all they know to do.
I know ... God gave them a mouth and two ears, so they can hear us and talk about what is between their ears ... but guys ... they are just different.
That is what makes them so fun! We keep trying to change them, and they keep trying to understand us... battle of the sexes ... Phht!
It is about learning to appreciate the differences. It can be a pretty lonely world if one decides to make a fight out of the whole process.

kwhite 06-10-2009 10:23 AM

She has waited for years to have her first legal drink with Daddy. We are going to dinner tonight. I will get it out of him then what he really feels.

omak 06-10-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
She has waited for years to have her first legal drink with Daddy. We are going to dinner tonight. I will get it out of him then what he really feels.

Good for you. Good for you.