Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ideas needed for a Child oriented basket (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ideas-needed-child-oriented-basket-t250028.html)

oneteappot 07-12-2014 05:11 PM

Ideas needed for a Child oriented basket

I need some ideas for a medium size raffle basket for children. It is for a Mustang Car Show. I have some ford mustang fabric and plan on making the items. I am making a fleece throw and travel pillow. And I have some matchbox cars that will be in it. I thought of a crayon roll, pencil bag, and notepad cover. Any other ideas? Thanks!!!

lynnie 07-12-2014 05:50 PM

how about a pillowcase, tote bag, pencil holder, wallet, tissue cover?

toverly 07-13-2014 04:52 AM

How about a Quillow? When my DS was small, he loved his, even put his feet in the pillow pocket.

Jean in Ohio13452 07-14-2014 04:40 AM

How about a Lunch Bag, Zipper pouches of Different sizes.( using the Smaller pieces of fabric you have from cutting around other Projects Could even be sewn patchwork style ), Cut outs sewn on front of larger Kids T-shirt ( Applique) or as Pockets? Patchwork sewn Teddy Bear etc..

solstice3 07-14-2014 05:16 AM

Is everything in it sewn? My first thought if for a child... Crayons, coloring book, etc something to stir their creativity.

teacherbailey 07-14-2014 07:25 AM

Love the idea of the Quillow! I was going to suggest a quick-quilt with just Mustang fabric on top and a coordinating fleece on the back (you use fleece as backing, and use no batting...makes things much easier!)

blueheavenfla 07-14-2014 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6798069)
I need some ideas for a medium size raffle basket for children. It is for a Mustang Car Show. I have some ford mustang fabric and plan on making the items. I am making a fleece throw and travel pillow. And I have some matchbox cars that will be in it. I thought of a crayon roll, pencil bag, and notepad cover. Any other ideas? Thanks!!!

How about making a placemat with the chalkboard fabric that has little tube like pockets to store the chalk and a small fleece eraser on a ribbon (so it won't get lost) and a ribbon to tie it when you roll it up. Great to take when going out to eat (restaurant or someone's home). Use the car fabric for backing and chalk pockets and binding.

oneteappot 07-14-2014 01:32 PM

Great ideas ladies! I was thinking of crayons, pencils, tablet and a coloring book. I also have some matchbook cars that are going in it. We also have a Ford pennant that a child can color.
Haven't made up my mind yet as to the blanket/throw. Quilt, qwillow, tied fleece blanket. Trying to figure what would be most child friendly.

Minnesewta-sam 07-14-2014 02:31 PM

I'd put some chocolate in there as well....The bidders can't resist that. Good luck!