Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ideas needed for a Child oriented basket

Ideas needed for a Child oriented basket

I need some ideas for a medium size raffle basket for children. It is for a Mustang Car Show. I have some ford mustang fabric and plan on making the items. I am making a fleece throw and travel pillow. And I have some matchbox cars that will be in it. I thought of a crayon roll, pencil bag, and notepad cover. Any other ideas? Thanks!!!
    oneteapot/Laurel

Blog Entries
    how about a pillowcase, tote bag, pencil holder, wallet, tissue cover?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

How about a Quillow? When my DS was small, he loved his, even put his feet in the pillow pocket.

How about a Lunch Bag, Zipper pouches of Different sizes.( using the Smaller pieces of fabric you have from cutting around other Projects Could even be sewn patchwork style ), Cut outs sewn on front of larger Kids T-shirt ( Applique) or as Pockets? Patchwork sewn Teddy Bear etc..
    Friend who can share your laughter and tears are the only ones you need.

Is everything in it sewn? My first thought if for a child... Crayons, coloring book, etc something to stir their creativity.

Love the idea of the Quillow! I was going to suggest a quick-quilt with just Mustang fabric on top and a coordinating fleece on the back (you use fleece as backing, and use no batting...makes things much easier!)
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
    I need some ideas for a medium size raffle basket for children. It is for a Mustang Car Show. I have some ford mustang fabric and plan on making the items. I am making a fleece throw and travel pillow. And I have some matchbox cars that will be in it. I thought of a crayon roll, pencil bag, and notepad cover. Any other ideas? Thanks!!!
    How about making a placemat with the chalkboard fabric that has little tube like pockets to store the chalk and a small fleece eraser on a ribbon (so it won't get lost) and a ribbon to tie it when you roll it up. Great to take when going out to eat (restaurant or someone's home). Use the car fabric for backing and chalk pockets and binding.

Great ideas ladies! I was thinking of crayons, pencils, tablet and a coloring book. I also have some matchbook cars that are going in it. We also have a Ford pennant that a child can color.
    Haven't made up my mind yet as to the blanket/throw. Quilt, qwillow, tied fleece blanket. Trying to figure what would be most child friendly.
    oneteapot/Laurel

I'd put some chocolate in there as well....The bidders can't resist that. Good luck!
    Confirmed fabric-holic seeking 12 step treatment program or a storage building.