Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If I give my sewing machines will .............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-i-give-my-sewing-machines-will-t39795.html)

Fritzy 03-16-2010 10:04 PM

Since we are in another major flood I was wondering if Noah would let me bring my machines on the Ark. The river was at 29.10' at 10:00 o'clock tonight & they say it should crest between 38' or 39' by this weekend. Everyone is hoping that they are right since last year it finally crested at 40.82' & the conditions were just about the same except we haven't had another storm yet (knock on wood). We did make national news again tonight & we are in full flood fighting mode once again. Our house should be okay if the river doesn't go any higher & the dikes hold but it's North Dakota & you never know when things will change on the spur of the moment. At least people will know where Fargo, N.D is after all the flood coverage last year & this year! I'll let you know what Noah's answer is.

amma 03-16-2010 10:31 PM

My best guess is yes :wink: :D:D:D

I am so sorry that you all are going through this again!!! I live in a flood plain too...and it does get OLD!!!
Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-17-2010 03:25 AM

I don't know how you flood folks can stand it! The stress would drive me bonkers.

I hope all the levys hold.

dakotamaid 03-17-2010 03:38 AM

I have family and friends up there with you and we are all praying that it doesn't get any worse!!

Maride 03-17-2010 03:44 AM

You shoould be able to bring two of each!!
Hope you guys are safe.

Maria

littlehud 03-17-2010 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
You shoould be able to bring two of each!!
Hope you guys are safe.

Maria

I love your answer Maria. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well.

chris_quilts 03-17-2010 09:13 AM

I agree with the 2 of each and tell Noah your fabric will provide insulation for the ark and lining for the brids' nests. Plus, you'll teach his wife and DILs to quilt while on board. Seriously, hope the flooding doesn't reach new levels there and your house is okay. My prayers are with all there in Fargo, ND.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-17-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I don't know how you flood folks can stand it! The stress would drive me bonkers.

I hope all the levys hold.

Hope all is well.

Olivia's Grammy 03-17-2010 03:56 PM

My Mother lives in a floor area. Five houses down lives my sister not in a floor area. Everytime it rains much at all, Mother's house floods. She hasn't had carpet in years. Usually keeps everything up off the floor on crates or blocks.
I used to live on the Ohio River, two blocks from the floor walls. I feel your pain. I hope you are able to stay dry.

PALS65 03-17-2010 03:59 PM

Hope you stay dry! I think you should be able to bring both machines and all of your fabric.