Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-could-have-one-do-over-t158814.html)

damaquilts 10-08-2011 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by Lisanne
What about you, Dreamer?

I would have come from a family
that loved and cared about me...
that would have formed a completely different me...
a me I would probably like today.

Dreamer I completely understand where you are coming from. It would have been nice to have the support of a family during hard times.

mommafank 10-08-2011 06:57 AM

Have a career in something other than nursing----perhaps something to do with literature like writing or teaching. Or something requiring investigative skills.

kathyjg 10-08-2011 07:10 AM

I would take back nothing, but reading this I see that many of us have the same thinking about 'waiting.' We were expected to finish school, get married and have babies. BUT...if i knew what I know now I would of waited! I love my kids, am proud of them and who they have become but I would of married later than 20 and had my kids at a later age.

nannya54 10-08-2011 07:13 AM

I would have stayed home in school rather than running off to get married.

Murphy1 10-08-2011 07:41 AM

Well I have few regrets in life. I did go to college and taught 35 years. I successfully raised two kids. I had no issues with rebellion or worries with them. My son became a software engineer and was still very much a part of our lives. Then one of my former students who knew him asked about him. I casually told my son she asked about him. Well long story short, she nabbed him, didn't like his family from the minute she got the ring on her finger. Now 7 years later, he has two sons that we have only seen twice. No pictures, no phone calls, no emails or texts, we were thrown under the bus. I cried for years and tried to continue to have him and his family in our life. Not.

The good is I still have my wonderful daughter. She is kind, sensitive and we are proud that she is finishing up as Chief Resident for Pediatrics. She continues to be a delight and we are happy she is in our lives.

The regret is opening my mouth about this girl. She is a lying, manipulative b...h. I have heard that this has happened with other families. I think I would rather have had a little stress raising him and still have him in my life. I wonder if he will ever regret throwing his family away?

Well, done with my pity party.

Jeanniebelle 10-08-2011 08:03 AM

I would not have married my ex-husband. He is a complete jerk. I hope everyone realizes I am being nice about my word usage. Jeanniebelle

MsLoriAnn 10-08-2011 08:04 AM

I would have stayed in college.

weezie 10-08-2011 08:31 AM

The first words I ever spoke must have been, "when I graduate from high school, I'm leaving home, going far away, and never coming back" and, except for occasional visits, that's what I did. I would not change a thing about the decision I made.

My do-over would be: I would NOT have had surgery on my left hand forefinger to remove a ganglia cyst. Not only will it never get back to its pre-surgery dexterity, it's developed arthritis and often hurts like the dickens when I'm piecing quilts. Now that I know more about ganglia cysts, I am confident that the cyst would have just gone away on its own.

eightylady 10-08-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
I have found that the road I traveled has made me who I am today, so since I like who I see in the mirror I wouldn't change anything I've done. I would love to have my son back.

Oh, you touched a "chord"...what happened with your son? Mine died with leukemia when he was 8...37 yrs ago, but seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

valsma 10-08-2011 08:33 AM

I would have continued my education instead of graduating with a certificate that has been useles to me since I earned it. Two temp. jobs and one wasn't even in the feild.