Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-could-have-one-do-over-t158814.html)

Lisanne 10-07-2011 06:24 PM

Hm, this is hard.

The first thing that came to mind was that I'd have studied harder in college (I didn't get serious until close to my last year), but really, not studying wasn't the reason I didn't go to grad school, it was because I couldn't afford it.

The other thing I'd do over would be to get married instead of struggling to create a career. But honestly, as much as I would like to have married and had kids, I'd still choose grad school and the career I originally wanted.

sisLH 10-07-2011 06:25 PM

same as athomenow -no early marriage, no early children, stay in college, then maybe see what.

Carron 10-07-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
I would have paid more attention to the guy I met when I was 14-15yrs old . He would become my husband 30 yrs later. we would have had all those years together.

But you are together now and that counts for a lot.

Painiacs 10-07-2011 06:30 PM

To have said NO! The day the surgeon demanded I get a terminally I'll man out of bed!! I blew out my back and have been disabled since!!! I was 28 and the patient died 3 days later!! Nursing education wasted. I loved being a nurse and had a gift. I could look at a patient at times and hear the symptoms and know what was wrong before Dr's did! I still can look at ppl in public and see a health issue! Freaks out DH!! Lol And gave my children stronger religious background!!

valleyquiltermo 10-07-2011 06:31 PM

I have found that the road I traveled has made me who I am today, so since I like who I see in the mirror I wouldn't change anything I've done. I would love to have my son back.

Carron 10-07-2011 06:32 PM

I don't like to think about the "what ifs" because it causes too much discontent for where I am now. What is, is and thinking about the changes I should have made may be better in my mind but possibly may not have brought me to this good place in my life now.

gramajo 10-07-2011 06:42 PM

I would have finished college the 1st time around, taught for however long, then been able to retire with a pension. I do not regret marrying who I did, having my wonderful kids and a good life for a number of years. I finally got my BA in a different field when I was 39, the same year my oldest graduated from high school. But I didn't do anything with it, except for my own pleasure. When I had to get a job after my divorce, I wasn't qualified for much of anything & eqrning just a bit more than minimum wage. I'll be working until I drop dead at my cash register.

isnthatodd 10-07-2011 06:44 PM

I would have lost the excess weight after each of my 4 pregnancies and kept it off. Now, at 62, it is really difficult.

Lisanne 10-07-2011 06:47 PM

What about you, Dreamer?

dreamer2009 10-07-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
What about you, Dreamer?

I would have come from a family
that loved and cared about me...
that would have formed a completely different me...
a me I would probably like today.