Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm A Curious Person (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-curious-person-t295938.html)

Dolphyngyrl 04-05-2018 09:29 PM

Jingle hit the nail on the head. It's so silly the how paranoid people are.

cjsews 04-06-2018 04:54 AM

I just don't think of myself as having an interesting life. I have always been the wallflower growing up. I have opened up some but live a simple life. A homebody all my life. Married 42 yrs with 2 girls and 7 grands. Gained a GGS this past year. proud to say I have retired after 38 yrs with the same company.

roguequilter 04-06-2018 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8033936)
I am always in awe of the diversity and talent of the members here on the QB. Since I joined in 2010 I have learned to recognize frequent posters and love to see what they are working on.

same with me. tho when i joined in 2011, i did my usual TMI stunt in my personal profile :D ..but thru others posts & an occassional "Hi!" pm to them i find out how interesting/fascinating they truely are. love the board and and love the members i read & corresponf with :)

roguequilter 04-06-2018 09:00 AM

interesting & fun thread this is. i also have to chuckle at responses concerning "not sharing personal info on the internet ..and then post a list of personal paranoias :) i agree about internet "out there" info that is randomly shared by many ..i don't fb because i've always been suspicious ..and now current events, isis propaganda, kids sharing their body pics ..it's just another version of the wild & lawless frontier. as for keeping up on what family is doing ..if they don't share w you in phone calls or letters or emails ..then you're just evesdropping where you probably shouldn't. i have wandered the great wild web since son started me on the computer & internet in 1995. i periodically do random searches across several different search engines ....tho never google --they were the first private info gatherers and are now as bad as the dark web for stealing everything they can about you & your contacts. i never find anything about myself, my hubs when doing searches on web or people search sites. i have never used any of my real personal info ie. name, address personal email etc on any site i visit or am a member of. privacy is my mania ..i like to visit but there are sooo many out there just skimming sites for info ..most sites can be visited and read w/o being a member. i haven't searched for me on the dark web ..mostly because the dark web, the true dark web is so deeply hidden that you won't find what you're looking for anyway. regardless of tv advertisements by credit companys. and because of the nature of the dark web & those who haunt it ..they see your entry ...trace your isp back to source ..they then have your name, area ..it's enough to go further ..ie. bank accounts, credit history etcetcetc
so i believe that the wild world of the internet is as safe as you make it with your activities and behavior. share with a large dose of caution & thought of various ramifications of your sharing behavior

Kelsie 09-13-2018 10:13 AM

Jan in VA: Not only did I not know about the album aspect but I still have not managed to download a picture. I did try twice, spent at least an hour the second time. How about some lessons in how to do both of those. Perhaps some others would participate then also.

P.S. I would like to know about what machines people have/use.

nativetexan 09-13-2018 11:02 AM

I just joined a BBC site, well trying. they asked for my birthday so i told them 1/1/68. the year my son was born!! no one needs mine really, don't know why they ask.

Kelsie 09-14-2018 07:32 AM

I just updated my info and put in my birthday but on here it is only the day and month.