I'm A Curious Person

Old 04-03-2018, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

Default I'm A Curious Person

Every so often, I find myself looking up the profile of someone in the board. I wonder where they live or maybe what their other hobbies are etc.

So many do not say anything. Am I the only one who wishes to see a bit more information than the handle the person picked when she/he joined our group? I know that a person has a right to keep it to themselves, but as I said I am curious.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

interesting comment/question -

there are several members of this board that i now call "friend" - but i am
reasonably sure our paths would never have crossed away from this board.
i
Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 AM

I agree. This is a great thread to say a little more about yourself.
I am 47. I've been married to my HS sweetheart and best friend for 29 years. We have 3 grown dd 26,21,19. (19 year old lives at home) My picture is my oldest daughter on the left (she lives nearby) and youngest. Our middle lives an hour and a half away.
We currently live in KY, but were born in CA and have lived in Germany, Montana, & Ohio as well.
We have a beagle/lab mix named Millie. We have also had Saint Bernards and a beautiful Bernese Mt Dog.
I love color. I began low immersion dyeing fabric for quilting last year. I also began soap making a year ago.
I quilt, xstitch, knit (in a very beginner's fashion), and sew. I've made my children's clothes when they were little, and Halloween costumes. I was blessed to stay at home with them for 9 years. I've been back in the workforce for 10 years now. We have a small travel trailer, and like to go out to our local State Parks. I love Indian and Thai food--spicy What about you?

Last edited by JanelleTrebuna; 04-03-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:41 AM

People have called me a curious person. Others just call me weird.

Yes, I'd like to see more also but sometimes I'll private message someone to say , "Hi."
Old 04-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

To be honest, when I joined years ago I didn't have the patience to figure out how to put more information into my profile. I could probably figure it out quickly now, but I am not sure I want that much information about myself and family out on the internet. Privacy is important to me, I am not particularly sociable in person, and I use Facebook only to see what other family members are doing. There are probably thousands of QB members. I figure those who are interested in my particular posts will pick up tidbits about me here and there, and that's probably enough. I do like to see the location of other posters.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:29 AM

I am always in awe of the diversity and talent of the members here on the QB. Since I joined in 2010 I have learned to recognize frequent posters and love to see what they are working on.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:22 AM

Would love to see where everyone is from. When following up on posting a photo of a quilt I've made, I had so much fun seeing all the places in the world I've had responses from. Truly rewarding to realize we we have quilting friends on this site from all over the world!
Old 04-04-2018, 03:40 AM

Hi Boston 1954, I'm like you; love to read more about our members. Your post made me realize that I need to update my profile.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Boston, I also like knowing about others.
One thing I enjoy is the games here because you get to know a bit about others. It may be simple stuff, like a one word comment, but it's fun. Just sort of a personal side of the board.
But if people wish to be private that's okay too!
Old 04-04-2018, 04:14 AM

If you want more info about someone, send them a PM. I just checked my info and it is pretty up to date in that not much has changed. It is still just me and my beloved cat, Mr. Peach. I sew a lot and he is always nearby. I belong to a hand quilting group that meets every Wednesday and another group , Stash busters, that meets once monthly. I am available a a moments notice to jump in the car and visit a quilt shop with friends. One of my sons lives just down the street with my precious DIL and GGS and DGD so I see them often. I am so very fortunate and life is really good.