I'm A Curious Person

Old 04-04-2018, 05:54 AM

I was in a fabric store and talking to the saleslady. She recognized my nom de needle from here. That was fun.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

It would be nice to have the general location so if they want something, you know where to direct them. With the security concerns on the Internet, anything more then that is up to individual members.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:02 AM

Hi Boston 84 I have followed your posts for several years now. Guess I am getting to old to do much quilting anymore but am going t o smaller things like place mats and table runners. I use to live in Wyoming but due to many health problems for me and my husband we have moved to Montana where family is at. I recently broke my hip so not doing to much right now but I do love this site and seeing what other people are doing but I never did learn how to post pic both sewbusy and rein are on facebook with me. I have seen many go from this site I still love it but has been lots of changes Happy quilting to you
Old 04-04-2018, 10:28 AM

I'm with you Boston1954. Love knowing more about others when we respond to various posts.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Boston1954, I haven't posted on here in a long, long time but I still check on what everybody is doing. Last few years have held a lot of life tragedies but lots more happiness that has helped to offset the trama! Trying hard to get my quilting mojo back into action. I'm a granny of 4 sweeties with 3 of them now finally living within short driving distance away and enjoying them immensely! I'll try to post a few pics of some of the quilts I've completed sometime soon. Love to read a lot, garden when I can because I still work full time job.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:52 AM

Hi, I have been quilting about 10 yrs and sewing about 63 yrs. I have two grown daughters and had 3 and she passed 2 yrs ago. I miss her. My HB and I have been married 44 yrs. I grew up in Ohio and my parents moved to AZ. when I was 16 yrs of age. I cooked a lot when I was younger but now I would rather sew. I worked at Honeywell for 21 yrs in Finance. Had my own accounting business here for about 10 yrs. I belong to a quilting quild here in town and we meet twice a month. My Mother is still living and she will be 103 yrs old in August this year. I visit her often and her mind is still good. We have a summer place in the mountains to go when it gets to hot here. Suzanne
Old 04-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I've always been pretty open here on the Board, sharing my life, surgeries, moves, big projects, graphed designs, my daughters and grandsons. I've never lived my life in fear or great concern and have experienced so many wonderful things because of that openness. That's just me. I'm fortunate to be old enough now to know there is not a lot of length left to living and my home location is secluded and secure. Not much to be watchful of now.

My wish is that others would include their own albums of the quilts they have made in their profiles. Mine is available in my profile, is yours?
Old 04-04-2018, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

i would love to know where people live. i met a friend in the same town and we get together every Tuesday. If i knew where people lived, we could get together.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

I totally agree Boston. I filled my profile out and also store my pictures in the albums. Anyone can take a look.

I am always a little disappointed when I am curious about someone and they remain a complete mystery.

I like to know what people like, their style, colors, hobbies, family, where they live, etc. Being in a few QB swaps, this information can be very helpful.

Now, everybody get to it!

peace

EDIT: Just remember, specifics aren't necessary. Knowing peoples interests and maybe what kind of quilting they like could be very nice to know.

Last edited by ube quilting; 04-04-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:52 PM

I grew up on a farm in central MN; graduated from college with a teaching degree in elementary education and a minor in a special Ed category; married in 1973; widowed in 2010; taught 34 years; mother of 2 sons and I have 1 DIL; volunteer in church and with the church quilting group and volunteer with Bundles of Love Charity. During the school year, you will often find me in a classroom as a substitute teacher. I host middle-schoolers 4 or 5 mornings during the summer at Bundles of Love.

I started sewing when I was young; met my husband through his sister in 4-H; am mostly piecer of tops and choosing to donate them to be finished. I use scraps from the above groups and make scrappy blocks.

I am proud of my family from sons, DIL, siblings, in-laws through great nieces/great nephews. Shining family moment: Nephew Mike and his gold and silver Paralympic medals.

Blessed!