Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm gonna be a Grandma!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-gonna-grandma-t251265.html)

Kayaker26 08-03-2014 06:54 AM

I'm gonna be a Grandma!!!

Okay, so this is my first time, and since none of you actually know who I am and I don't know if I am actually supposed to tell anyone yet....I thought I could tell all of you. My question is I want to make EVERYTHING for my grand-Daughter(yes it's a girl), so share with me what you made and if you would do it again!

Jeanne S 08-03-2014 07:09 AM

Congrats! Mt first grandson is 8 months old and so cute. I know you are very excited. So far all I have made is two quilts for him. But since you have a girl coming, check out all the cute diaper covers that you can make. Lots of free patterns on the web. If you are inclined to make them there are many great diaper bag patterns too and a manly one for the dad-to-be might be appreciated!

misspriss 08-03-2014 07:35 AM

Oh how exciting. Burp cloths from diapers. Check the web and you will have so many thing to make you won't know where to start.

Tartan 08-03-2014 08:42 AM

Congratulations! I would start by going to the link someone posted on working with Minky. It had a cute taggie lovey to make to get used to working with Minky. Then I would do a quilt, burp clothes, bibs etc. I really like the quilt pattern that you put a twisted surface block in to attach toys to as well. Have fun!

letawellman 08-03-2014 08:53 AM

My first grandbaby was born three weeks ago today!! So, I COMPLETELY understand wanting to make "everything" for yours.
Oakley already has 2 baby quilts, and I'm embroidering another as I type!! I also just ordered a pattern for a "diaper cover". He's growing so fast (2 oz. per day!!), I don't want to make any clothes just yet. When he's a little bigger (toddler, maybe?) I'm going to have SO much fun whipping up shorts and tops for him!!

And yes, I'll do it again, whenever I get another grandbaby.
I also whip up little dresses for my nieces, especially Lily - she's such a fashonista, she loves having something unique!! ESPECIALLY if it has a matching hat!!!

Quiltngolfer 08-03-2014 09:18 AM

Oh congratulations! I have 2 precious granddaughters. Make bibs, diaper covers, burp cloths, receiving blankets, diaper bag, bows, day gowns, dresses, quilts, and more quilts, and doll quilts too. Have fun.

Knitette 08-03-2014 10:34 AM

Just wanted to say congratulations! Grandchildren are our well deserved reward for not killing our own when we felt like it ;)

Mouskalollie 08-03-2014 11:31 AM

Congrats, it's the BEST thing ever! I have 7 grandkids - 6 boys and 1 girl, who is all tomboy. You are going to love being a Grandma!

Lollie

AngeliaNR 08-03-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6830235)
Just wanted to say congratulations! Grandchildren are our well deserved reward for not killing our own when we felt like it ;)

Amen! Congratulations.

maryb119 08-03-2014 03:23 PM

Congratulations!!! Nothing like a grandchild to brighten your day! I have 14 and each one is special. You can make bibs, burp cloths, diaper bags, outfits, recieving blankets and of course...quilts. You can see by my avitar, I made this baby quilt for my youngest DGD. She is now 2 and it is her favorite.