Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'M SO MAD!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-so-mad-t74044.html)

akrogirl 11-03-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dollysquiltingmom
Pay they will. What goes around comes around. God will see to it.

Personally, I prefer to know that our legal system has taken care of it. These jerks need to be caught, tried and sentenced to a hefty prison term before some poor soul gets hurt.

IBQUILTIN 11-03-2010 01:54 PM

They will have to answer for it eventually. What a terrible thing to do to the elderly and unsuspecting. I am so sorry for her

littlehud 11-03-2010 05:58 PM

These kind of things make me so mad. Why can't they get a job and work at earning a living like the rest of us.

canmitch1971 11-03-2010 06:00 PM

Unfortunately there is a lot more crime nowadays because there are a lot more ppl desperate for drugs.

pojo 11-03-2010 06:26 PM

It's happening here where I live too.

Why don't the bums go get a real job and earn their own money.
instead of preying on older victims.

I hope they catch them.

CoyoteQuilts 11-03-2010 06:37 PM

A friend told us that there were a couple of guys robbing and attaching owners of places that were 'for sale by owner'. One would go ask to 'see' the place----no appointment..... walk through the house, unlock & open a back door where a second fella would be waiting then mayhem would follow. The police told her she was lucky that she wasn't attacked. She doesn't really know why they left either.

katied772 11-03-2010 06:44 PM

If these low-lifes would work as hard at something good! Thank God she wasn't harmed. Seems almost necessary to stay behind closed doors nowadays. Such a shame.

oma66 11-03-2010 07:11 PM

I AM 68 YRS. OLD AND I CAN REMEMBER A TIME WHEN YOU FELT GOOD ABOUT HELPING A STRANGER, LEAVING THE DOORS UNLOCKED AND OPENING UP CONVERSATIONS WITH FOLKS YOU DID NOT KNOW AND WHEN A HANDSHAKE WAS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED TO SEAL A DEAL. THOSE DAYS ARE GONE AND IT IS A SHAME. I AM SO SORRY YOUR FRIEND SUFFERED SO AT THE HANDS OF OTHERS. KATIED772 IS SO RIGHT - THANKFULLY SHE WAS NOT PHYSICALLY HARMED.

NOW WE LIVE BEHIND LOCKED DOORS - DAY AND NIGHT - I DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR IF I DO NOT KNOW THE PERSON, I DON'T STRIKE UP CONVERSATIONS WITH SOMEONE IF I AM ALONE AND I HAVE LOST MY TRUST IN MY FELLOW MAN AND ALL OF THAT MAKES ME SO SAD BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFUL, HONEST AND SUPER PEOPLE OUT THERE.

PRAYERFULLY THOSE SCOUNDRALS WILL BE FOUND AND MADE TO PAY FOR THIER CRIMES.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 11-03-2010 09:15 PM

Have herd of groups going for walks with a video cameras tucked under their arm looking for houses w/open garage doors to see what's inside.
It's sad, I'm sure they wouldn't want somthing like that to happen to them, one of these days somthing like this will happen and all will be up in arms cause a member of the family will be hanging out in the house w/a weapon, and fix that problem !
So sorry for your friend, but am glad she wasn't hurt.

Annaquilts 11-03-2010 09:16 PM

I feel angry too. What have people come to?