Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'M SO MAD!!!

Got a call this morning from my husband's first cousin. She had answered the door to a nice looking young man in a nice pick up truck last week. The guy was wanting to see about buying some land adjoining hers and wanted her to show him the boundary lines. Well, Ruth went with him to show him and after that he left... Two hours later she realized she had been robbed while she was in the backyard with him. She had just cashed her Social Security check and had taken extra out to pay her taxes... Evidently an accomplice had been lying down in the seat when he drove up and went into the house when they went around back. Before they came back around the house he called "the office" to tell them he'd seen all he needed to see and was heading back. Ruth is 78 years old, about 5' tall (probably with her stretching), and wears bilateral hearing aids. How can anyone, anyone, be this mean? Found out today that they hit several homes within a 50 mile or so area, but NO LEADS. I just pray something breaks lose and they find them. Just had to vent, and also wanting to warn you my friends. This is just so awful for this sweet, dear lady who probably would have given the man money if he had told her he needed it...

Blog Entries
    Shame on these kind of people. Hanging is too good.

Ooohhh, I am so angry for you! What a wicked world we live in; some people are so cold; seem to have been born with no heart. I can imagine the emotional trauma she if feeling is almost as bad as her monetary loss - I will says special prayers for her.

They will pay. IF not now, then later. :<

The lowest of the low. Poor Ruth. I know the feeling as I once had a neighbor(!) take almost five hundred dollars out of my wallet. We also have contractors and other home service folks who do the same scam. Distract while someone else steals. Be careful out there!

O my word... So sorry to hear this.. people are just so MEAN!

Blog Entries
    How awful! It's a sign of the times when no stranger can be trusted anymore. I know your cousin feels so bad having this happen to her. I hope the law catches these scumbags. I've been duped too many times by sob/help stories so I now never take anyone on face value and always say NO first.

I'm so sorry this happened but she should at least be able to report to the police the description of the man that came to the door. I guess you can't trust anyone nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    They will pay. IF not now, then later. :<
    I agree, what goes around comes around : :evil:

I'm glad she wasn't hurt.

She lives about 1/4 mile from her only child, but is home alone during the day. She can't hear anything at night without her hearing aids. She said the police took a description and were supposed to bring her a book to look at, but so far they haven't... I know she has to be afraid staying there by herself, even during the day now...but she will NOT go stay with her daughter. That is her home; she will not leave it. She talked until both of our cordless phones went dead. We are going to see her this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    I'm glad she wasn't hurt.
    She lives out in the country; several houses around her, but everyone else at work. The man could have hit her on the head and left her in the backyard and she wouldn't have been found until later...or he could have done much worse. Just scares me so much for her. She is so innocent and sweet. Never harmed anyone in her life. I'm still fuming!

Blog Entries
    What a shame. How can people be so low and live with themselves. I just don't get it. There is plenty of help for people who really need it. I'm so sorry this happened to your husband's cousin.

Blog Entries
    All kinds of those scams going on around here also :hunf: And they are hitting people on the city - not just in out laying areas

I am so sorry this happened to your friend. I will say a prayer for your friend for her emotional and financial healing and for the culprits to be found and convicted. These guys are making more negative Karma for themselves. What goes around comes around! Thank you for the warning also.

That makes me angry too! God sees what they have done and they will pay one way or another.

Pay they will. What goes around comes around. God will see to it.

That is so disgusting!!! I could see my self doing the same thing for a person that came to my door........

Blog Entries
    Never open your door to a stranger, never leave your house to accompany
    a stranger. Always carry your Cell phone for quick 911 access.
    Your good intentions to help someone can lead to terrible consequences!

Blog Entries
    Shame, shame on them. This is so disgusting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dollysquiltingmom
    Pay they will. What goes around comes around. God will see to it.
    Personally, I prefer to know that our legal system has taken care of it. These jerks need to be caught, tried and sentenced to a hefty prison term before some poor soul gets hurt.

They will have to answer for it eventually. What a terrible thing to do to the elderly and unsuspecting. I am so sorry for her

These kind of things make me so mad. Why can't they get a job and work at earning a living like the rest of us.

Unfortunately there is a lot more crime nowadays because there are a lot more ppl desperate for drugs.

It's happening here where I live too.

Why don't the bums go get a real job and earn their own money.
    instead of preying on older victims.

I hope they catch them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast