Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm Mad!!!

I'm so mad I could eat nails!! I'm out of black embroidery thread and so I go to Wal Mart and guess what --they have stopped carrying it now. How in the heck am I supposed to finish the last train block of my grandsons quilt without the thread I need. Does anyone know where I can order some.
    There is no where else within 120 miles from me that I can go shop for any.
    sometimes I hate living in the middle of the Oklahoma Panhandle. They want us to shop at home but they don't have what I need most of the time.
    Sorry all just had to get this off my mind it's really driving me nuts.

Check http://www.connectingthreads.com/Quilting.cfm
    They have some good prices and they ship quickly!

Banned
    here' some more sites that might have what you're looking for

http://www.redrockthreads.com/

http://www.quilting-warehouse.com/

If you want I will mail you some. I have lots I never use anymore.
    Just pm me.
    Gale

Ooooh how frustrating for you! Sounds like Gale will hook you up! Don't stress, put your feet up and have a well deserved cup of tea!

I looked in my thread stash too! If I had a spool, I would have sent it out to her, but I looked and I, too, am out of black <gasp>

Thank you one and all! :) :) I did a little digging in some of my odds and ends boxes and found enough to finish the train. Thank you for all the leads.
    I will check them out and I'll probably just order from now on.

Glad you found enough to get the train block finished!!

While our WalMart does carry fabric (yeah), they do NOT sell any kind of embroidery thread (either for hand or machine work)!

Our wall-mart still has a sewing area, if you will give me the #, I will gladly mail you some! No problem. :D

Ninnie

Yeah that is crazy to have to pay shipping for something like that. Shipping "and Handelling" is outrageous.

Blog Entries
    FYI - Red Rock Threads adjusts the shipping down if you only buy a little. I thought it was very reasonable at less than $1.50 shipping for a few spools of thread. Pretty fast shipping too.

Blog Entries
    I agree that it is very irritating to go to a store that has always had certain items only to find that they do not carry the anymore. :x I have lived in remote area's in the past so I feel your pain and frustration :!:

I am so glad I live where I have choices! We even have some variety stores that sell embroidery supplies!
    But I'm gald you found what you need, and it is ok to vent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go ahead and vent. It's healthy to get it out of your system. Our Wal mart no longer carries fabric either. What a pain. I buy my thread from Connecting Thread and love it. I just got a package from them today. Some fabric and more thread. I'll post a picture tomorrow after I finish petting my new fabric.

Did you need machine embroidery thread or embroidery floss?

I need floss, Klue gave a me a couple of sites to check out and 1 of them has lots of it + material. I also dug down a little deeper in my sewing box and found enough to finish up the block with.
    Thank you everyone for you help and letting me vent. You are the greatest!

Oh heck girl...if it was floss you needed, I have a TON Of it!!
    It's the thread I run out of all the time. lol

Our Walmart still has a sewing department by they stopped selling floss too :-(

I guess we sewers don't matter to them.

Vicky

Do you have a Micheal's or Hobby Lobby in your area? I know you said your kinda in the boonies but they always have embroidery floss & it's usually on sale. I am glad you found some, I was digging thru all my stuff & was going to mail you some if I could have got your address. I just hate it when the store doesn't have stuff or is sold out. At Christmas this year I wanted Wonder under & Wally World was out till February. I got my husband to pick me up some in another town. He went to fabric dept. cell phone in hand & I talked him thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Check http://www.connectingthreads.com/Quilting.cfm
    They have some good prices and they ship quickly!
    I second that! :D

Just checked Connecting Thread. All they sale are embroidery thread on spools. Never used it on spools for hand embroidery just DMC skeins. Guess it would work.

I understand too well your situation. I live 30 miles from the nearest store that sells any kind of sewing supplies. I stock up on thread and embroidery floss when Joann's has it on sale. Recently I was doing some redwork and was running low on floss........when I went into town for groceries I bought 25 skeins of red embroidery floss just for my redwork.

Saw a site last nite that sells embroidery floss(6 stands) on a roll for $19.99. It has 450 yards. That a little much but you would never run out. I think it was Allcrafts Supplies.com

Just got a a newsletter from Threadart.com. They have DMC thread for .49 each. I have ordered from them. I really like their products. They are in Cypress, TX near Houston. Look on their site,

It's not just the middle of the Oklahoma Panhandle -- I live less than 15 miles from several major shopping malls and several very busy highways. There is no place to buy fabric/thread/notions any more. The Rag Shop chain has closed; closest Joann's is about an hour away. Local Walmart has cut out the fabric/craft department. There is one excellent LQS about 20 minutes away but it down-sized and doesn't stock things like embroidery floss. I'm also 2 miles from the Lincoln Tunnel into mid-town Manhattan where there are very good fabric shops, but not quilting fabric. Fortunately there is The City Quilter which has a good supply of goodies for quilters. But the consumer who just wants a spool of thread to sew a button on is out of luck!!!