Thread: I'M SO MAD!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:05 AM
donnaree59

Got a call this morning from my husband's first cousin. She had answered the door to a nice looking young man in a nice pick up truck last week. The guy was wanting to see about buying some land adjoining hers and wanted her to show him the boundary lines. Well, Ruth went with him to show him and after that he left... Two hours later she realized she had been robbed while she was in the backyard with him. She had just cashed her Social Security check and had taken extra out to pay her taxes... Evidently an accomplice had been lying down in the seat when he drove up and went into the house when they went around back. Before they came back around the house he called "the office" to tell them he'd seen all he needed to see and was heading back. Ruth is 78 years old, about 5' tall (probably with her stretching), and wears bilateral hearing aids. How can anyone, anyone, be this mean? Found out today that they hit several homes within a 50 mile or so area, but NO LEADS. I just pray something breaks lose and they find them. Just had to vent, and also wanting to warn you my friends. This is just so awful for this sweet, dear lady who probably would have given the man money if he had told her he needed it...