Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm wanting a 2nd fur baby... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-wanting-2nd-fur-baby-t93323.html)

kriscraft99 01-23-2011 07:38 PM

I see so many fur babies in avatars here on the board and was hoping somebody could help me find a 2nd one to add to our household.

My big boy Miller is 100 pounds and is epileptic. We have been able to manage his seizures but he has to take so much medicine that makes him sleepy. He loves it when we have company, either human or dogs. He is more energetic then. He is such a sweetie but sheds so badly (he is part lab, part boxer and part great dane). I don't want to add to the fur tumbleweeds that we already have.

I've heard terriers are not bad about shedding. I don't want a baby that has to be groomed monthly because of the costs.. Does anyone have any breeds that they would recommend? I'm all for adopting a rescue - those are my favorite!

Kris & Miller :)

Quiltforme 01-23-2011 07:40 PM

I love my boxer.. she has just a little shedding smaller fur. Lover her to pieces!1

irishrose 01-23-2011 07:44 PM

A second furbaby is a great idea. My furgirls are so happy together. Mine are rescues, too. Dogs = shedding, though a good diet and regular brushing helps keep it under control. Sorry, I'm no help.

moonwork42029 01-23-2011 07:45 PM

try petfinders.com they have so many babies needing a forever home.

Up North 01-23-2011 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ours is a rescued boxer mix I have a better pic just can't find it right now!

scowlkat 01-23-2011 08:02 PM

Don't know about other terriers but our Rat terrier sheds more than my long hair chihuahua! I agree that Petfinders is a wonderful place to look. Good luck and can't wait to see who you bring home!

kriscraft99 01-23-2011 08:07 PM

I look on petfinders daily :) I know the perfect one will turn up - just like Miller did.

shawnemily 01-23-2011 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
try petfinders.com they have so many babies needing a forever home.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My 2 fur babies both came from petfinder.com! My old guy Buddy was starting to act really old so we went online and found him a baby brother to love. Wolfie has put the puppy back in Buddy!! And they both keep mom going!! I would be lost without them!!

kathdavis 01-23-2011 08:38 PM

We have a poochon (part poodle and part bichon). He was a rescue dog we found on petfinder.com. He is wonderful with children who visit, and sheds very little. Low maintainence.

kriscraft99 01-23-2011 08:47 PM

That is what I'm hoping will happen in our house :)

My 2 fur babies both came from petfinder.com! My old guy Buddy was starting to act really old so we went online and found him a baby brother to love. Wolfie has put the puppy back in Buddy!! And they both keep mom going!! I would be lost without them!![/quote]