Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   iron injury~it was a HOT one (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/iron-injury%7E-hot-one-t130804.html)

Quilter7x 06-15-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
OUCH JUST SAW ON TV DR OZ TODAY SAID FOR A BURN PUT HONEY NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE

Ouch! :shock: You say it doesn't hurt, but it sure looks like it does! If you have any Royal Jelly, that will help with healing.

fidgety 06-15-2011 06:44 PM

Ouch!!!! Hope it heals soon.

nursie76 06-15-2011 06:49 PM

Ouch! That looks like it hurt! That could get infected very easily. It may start hurting again when the blister breaks. I believe that is a second degree burn. It can take up to 48 hours to see the full extent of the burn, and this can get infected very easily. It may be a good idea to give your doc a call and check to see if he would recommend putting antibiotic ointment on it. Some docs will give you a prescription for silvadene creme which may help with potential scarring. So sorry you got burned so nastily.

WynfordMom2016 06-15-2011 07:00 PM

ouch...that looks awful..use aloe on it

last week I was pressing a quilt w/ steam and suddenly My iron started leaking boiling hot water..I have problems with my legs so I was sitting and my legs were under the ironing board...my thighs and a little of my belly got burned and at first it stung bad...I keep a bottle of 100% aloe gel in the refrigerator (keeping it cold just feels good on the burns) for whenever anyone gets burned a bottle costs about $7-8 but will last a long long time in the fridge.... I put the aloe gel on it right away...no blistering nothing it just got red and the next day it was almost gone I used aloe on it several times the first two days and it is gone and never did hurt after that....

Hope it heals up fast

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-15-2011 07:08 PM

I hope you reported it, just incase it becomes infected or worse so your medical bills will be covered. Ice water and ice I have found is the best thing to help it! One time making Thanksgiving dinner, I removed a pot from the oven, it was 400 degrees, went about setting the table, grabbed the handle of that pot about a few seconds later and dropped it to the floor. I soaked my hand in ice cold water overnight, it did not blister, I did lose a bit of skin but that was it. I was thank ful! Here is to a speedy recovery!

suebee 06-15-2011 07:30 PM

YIKES!!!!

BETTY62 06-15-2011 07:34 PM

Wow, I am glad it doesn't hurt but that looks like a bad burn. Hope it heals fast.

mzmama 06-15-2011 07:40 PM

Hope you have an Aloe Plant..takes the pain away.

NancyG 06-15-2011 07:40 PM

OWEEEEEE!!!!

Feather3 06-15-2011 07:44 PM

Aloe is the best for burns. A fresh leaf is better than the store bought gel, but if that's all you can find then use it.