Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/its-4-m-baby-wont-sleep-t175331.html)

Mad Mimm 01-12-2012 04:17 AM

Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep!

:shock: He fed at 2 am and has not been able to go back to sleep. So I am up, groggy-eyed, with coffee in hand trying to remember why I wanted to have another baby? I am pretty sure the answer will come to me at some point but for right now, can I trade this 10 month old for a puppy? LOL!

brushandthimble 01-12-2012 04:26 AM

No, sorry no swaps at the moment "Puppies for babies" LOL
I can relate, when I remember those late nights/early mornings rocking a baby that was happy to be rocked but wanted nothing to do with the crib.

all with be forgiven when he is taking a nap and you have caught up on some sleep.

SueDor 01-12-2012 05:05 AM

They grow up so fast and then you will wish that they were small again.

NDQuilts 01-12-2012 05:26 AM

That is how i found this board - late night feedings.

mltquilt 01-12-2012 06:55 AM

Enjoy this time. They grow up fast and become teenagers.

mltquilt

gramajo 01-12-2012 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by mltquilt (Post 4867250)
Enjoy this time. They grow up fast and become teenagers.

mltquilt

My DD gave me a plaque that says "Grandchildren are the reward you get for not strangling your teenagers." :thumbup: How true!

raptureready 01-12-2012 07:16 AM

I have 4 stepchildren, a 12 yr old of my own, 12 granchildren and 4 great grandchildren. Let me check the local ads for puppies and I'll trade. I always wanted a maximum of 12 and a minimum of 8 but when you don't get started being able to conceive and carry until 45, having a large family isn't feasible.

Seriously though, I wish I lived closer, I'd take him for a few days so that you could get some sleep.

Up North 01-12-2012 07:25 AM

Oh I so remember, I also remember I always wished it back having him safe in my arms at 4 am rather than wondering where they were. This is just for a little while teenagers are teens for a lot longer!!

Sandra-P 01-12-2012 07:45 AM

I remember those days and nights. Hopefully you will get a nap in to catch up on sleep. I miss my kids so much! There are times when I see little tykes in stores with their mommies and I think back to when mine were babies. Cherish each moment.

willferg 01-12-2012 08:30 AM

I remember that desperate feeling when you just want sleep, for both of you! With my first baby, she was awake for hours around 2:00 and I finally called my mom in tears, I was just at my wit's end and didn't know what to do (having tried everything). My sisters got on me for it, said I shouldn't scare our mom by calling in the middle of the night. But -- I needed my mom, because that's what moms are for. And now you are a mom...it's a great job!