Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t209719.html)

createfourpaws 12-31-2012 12:01 PM

This is open to anyone no matter where you are. Please feel free to join us, send me a PM for mailing address if you decide you want to join. We have lots of fun and encouragment is always needed and welcome from those who chose to join.

Originally Posted by Tothill (Post 5752613)
Oh, can a Canadian join in?

DH and I both need incentive to lose weight. Dh doctor told him to lose 60 pounds in 2013. Dr. wants him to lose 5 pounds per month. I need to lose at least 60 pounds realistically I should lose 80 pounds. Baby steps, if I can manage 5 pounds per month I will be a happy camper.

I will weigh in on January 2nd, as I will be back at work where we have a medical scale. The one at home is not at all accurate. If you get on and off it the weight varies by up to 7 pounds.

createfourpaws 12-31-2012 01:23 PM

There have been request in the past to know what the FQ themes are for 3 months at a time. For those who wish to send 3 months at a time, here is the list through March

January Neutrals
February: turquoise/shades of blues/greens
March: Pinks/Coral as in the colors of the sunset.

I cant wait to see what comes in from everyone.

Tothill 12-31-2012 06:19 PM

Hi Cindy,

I have sent you a PM to join in.

My LQS has a big sale on FQ this weekend.

Pam H 12-31-2012 06:46 PM

Hmmm......I want to win both Feb and March because those colors sound so awesome. Too bad you can't win 2 months in a row. :D

Airwick156 12-31-2012 07:51 PM

Okay I am in too.. There Patti. :))) I'm joining you. This will be my first time too and Painiacs and I are going to do this together.

createfourpaws 12-31-2012 07:58 PM

Welcome to the new ones joining us. Here is a place for encouragement, venting and anything else you need to do or share. We are not a judgemental group. We all have to start somewhere. I know a year ago I was up to 250 and today I am down to 184. The weight didnt happen over night and it wont go away overnight. I lose 1 lb at a time.

So Welcome to:
Painiacs
Tothill
Airwick156
Lstew2212

I am still looking for some of our long running member to join in. I may need to send some private messages to encourage those who have dropped out.

Good luck everyone.

irishrose 12-31-2012 08:25 PM

In an hour and 40 minutes, a new year begins - a time for new beginnings. I'm in for another month - well, more than that. Coral in March is a real hook for me, though aqua in February is a favorite, too.

Happy New year to all willing to try this adventure, both newcomers and returnees. One day at a time, one pound at a time we can this together.

meanmom 01-01-2013 05:03 AM

Ok I love coral and turquoise. Somehow i will have to cheat so I can win both. I know I can't win 2 months in a row. I had better get back on the good food train. Sending the last of the junk food home with DD today. I think I get the award for last month for most junk food consumed in 2 weeks.
Happy New year to everyone. Time for a new beginning.

Vanogay 01-01-2013 05:57 AM

Taboo Tuesday - give up your old ways and create a new habit starting today. It can be anything, doesn't have to be specifically something to do with eating - although that's what we, on this thread look at. some ideas: How about switch to a diet soda vs full sugared one or sit down to eat your meal vs standing up or eat in the kitchen vs in front of the tv; drive within the speed limit vs over it...see what I mean - create a new habit starting today. Good eating everyone.

createfourpaws 01-01-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5754076)
Taboo Tuesday - give up your old ways and create a new habit starting today. It can be anything, doesn't have to be specifically something to do with eating - although that's what we, on this thread look at. some ideas: How about switch to a diet soda vs full sugared one or sit down to eat your meal vs standing up or eat in the kitchen vs in front of the tv; drive within the speed limit vs over it...see what I mean - create a new habit starting today. Good eating everyone.

I love the idea of creating something new, a new habit.............they say you have to work at it for about 17 days for it to stick as a habit. I am looking forward creating my new habit. I have a lead foot, so mine will be driving the speed limit.