Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-weight-loss-t258875.html)

meanmom 12-29-2014 05:21 AM

January weight loss

January Weight Loss Challenge

January 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
On January 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On January 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on February 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
IN January it is time for a new start/ new you. It is time to start over with a new year/new you.So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is January 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

meanmom 12-29-2014 05:26 AM

The FQ themes for the next 3 months. I thought white/ off white would be good for January since we are all trying to start over with a clean slate. February- purple, March- orange. You can send all 3 months at a time to save on postage, or just 1 month. Please include your name and your screen name in your envelope. 1 FQ will fit in a business sized envelope, 3 fits in a slightly larger envelope. This is cheaper than using the USPS envelope. Good luck to everyone.
Pat

Leann 12-29-2014 06:22 AM

Ya know, I honestly don't know why I bother, but I am here again. My weight has held pretty steady for these past two months - lose 3, gain 3.

But, I am sick of constantly going around this mountain.

meganc731 12-29-2014 01:36 PM

I'm in again!! I'm ready to buckle down!

KimmerB 12-30-2014 07:28 AM

I am not good with losing but I do need to lose weight and I start out great and then do not do well. I will sign up and try to keep with it! Thank you !

Pete 12-30-2014 09:16 AM

Well, it is a new year so I am hoping for a new me! I have to get with it.

toverly 12-30-2014 11:19 AM

I'm not in in but, m y Bee is having a similar weight loss challenge. We call it....."Lose your fat quarter." Good Luck everyone.

Mary Christine 12-30-2014 06:27 PM

Count me in! I've been struggling with my weight for a while. Maybe the chance to add to my stash will motivate me.

CindyA 12-31-2014 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Leann (Post 7025269)
Ya know, I honestly don't know why I bother, but I am here again. . .

HaHa, me too, Leann. But I do know I'm worse when I'm not in on this. So, I'm in again.

Happy New Year, everyone.

PenniF 12-31-2014 07:10 AM

I'm in again !!
Hope everyone had a great holiday....and wishing you all a VERY happy, healthy New Year full of Love, Laughter and Lost pounds !!!!
Was sick for much of December -- so probably lost weight - been eating healthy since....but also not saying no to the cookies....despite this, i only gained 1 pound this month so won't beat myself up too much.
New year....new resolve.
Will send out my FQ next week.