Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: January weight loss

Blog Entries

January weight loss

January Weight Loss Challenge

January 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On January 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On January 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on February 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    IN January it is time for a new start/ new you. It is time to start over with a new year/new you.So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is January 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Blog Entries
    The FQ themes for the next 3 months. I thought white/ off white would be good for January since we are all trying to start over with a clean slate. February- purple, March- orange. You can send all 3 months at a time to save on postage, or just 1 month. Please include your name and your screen name in your envelope. 1 FQ will fit in a business sized envelope, 3 fits in a slightly larger envelope. This is cheaper than using the USPS envelope. Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

Ya know, I honestly don't know why I bother, but I am here again. My weight has held pretty steady for these past two months - lose 3, gain 3.

But, I am sick of constantly going around this mountain.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

I'm in again!! I'm ready to buckle down!

I am not good with losing but I do need to lose weight and I start out great and then do not do well. I will sign up and try to keep with it! Thank you !

Blog Entries
    Well, it is a new year so I am hoping for a new me! I have to get with it.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

I'm not in in but, m y Bee is having a similar weight loss challenge. We call it....."Lose your fat quarter." Good Luck everyone.

Count me in! I've been struggling with my weight for a while. Maybe the chance to add to my stash will motivate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leann View Post
    Ya know, I honestly don't know why I bother, but I am here again. . .
    HaHa, me too, Leann. But I do know I'm worse when I'm not in on this. So, I'm in again.

Happy New Year, everyone.

I'm in again !!
    Hope everyone had a great holiday....and wishing you all a VERY happy, healthy New Year full of Love, Laughter and Lost pounds !!!!
    Was sick for much of December -- so probably lost weight - been eating healthy since....but also not saying no to the cookies....despite this, i only gained 1 pound this month so won't beat myself up too much.
    New year....new resolve.
    Will send out my FQ next week.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

How do I send a private message?

If you click on the person's name, a submenu will pop up. Just click on Private Message. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Comforter View Post
    How do I send a private message?
    Heather

I'm in. I agree--it's time to buckle down and lose this last 20 pounds. Now that the holidays are over, hopefully I'll behave better Pat, did I send you my January FQ last month? I was thinking that I did but wasn't sure.
    Heather

I'm in again too. I also have about 20 lbs to lose. The good news is I weigh 26 lbs less now than I did a year ago! Woohoo! This year I won the FQ's twice. Let's hope this next year I can get something made with them. A few of the black/white ones are going into Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.

Blog Entries
    I haven't heard from hardly anyone what they lost last month. Even a little bit could win it. I weigh in tomorrow. It probably won't be good. I did a New Years Day mystery I am still finishing it. I got permission from the author to use it for my guild mystery for the year. I don't love the colors I am using but it was stuff I had. I didn't decide to do it until 1:00 yesterday. I might finish it tonight.
    Tomorrow I am going to a dessert retirement party for my BIL. That will be hard to behave at. I will really be back on track starting Sunday morning. Good luck everyone.
    Pat

I was just pleasantly surprised to realize I lost a pound and a half in December!! I didn't pay real close attention to the numbers and I assumed I had stayed the same I'm off to a strong start so far this year, I have a number in mind for this first month and it's helping me stay focused.

I think I'm getting the hang of this site - finally! I've been eating less since the 1st and I am DETERMINED to lose at least 10 lbs. by the end of February. I'm getting married (again) in October and want to look gorgeous for my new hubby...and me, of course. I've convinced a couple of friends to join me on this journey. I need all the support I can get! So good luck to all of us. Will send out my fat quarters this week. Happy New Year and happy new us to you all!

That sounds like a realistic and doable goal, Mary. Good motivation too! Good luck!

Blog Entries
    I am a day late but the winner for December with a loss of 2.5 pounds is Megan. I only heard from a few people. Congratulations on losing during such a tough month.
    Pat

Yes, that is great, Megan, during the holiday season. Good for you!!

Pat, I did not email you my weight loss (aheeemm gain) because I wasn't officially in this past month. But I AM in for January. I've got three FQs packaged and ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. Thanks for doing all of this for us.

Healthy eating to everyone! My stomach has been bothering me a lot the past couple of weeks. I'm not really sure why. It might be stress and it might be the sinus infection I've had (and consequent post nasal drip). Hope I start feeling better soon. On a positive note, my back is feeling much better since I had physical therapy last August. I've been able to keep up on those exercises several times a week and it's making a big difference.

Count me in again. Didn't lose anything in Dec., actually gained about 3 but then lost it again so I'm even for the month. I know that I can not eat like other people - sometimes I think just the smell of food makes me gain weight, so I have to be really careful about what I eat. I will admit that even though I should not eat cookies, I just love them and my sister made a lot and I ate them just about every day, but no more, I am starting on Monday the 5th on a clean slate - no more junk. I also haven't been sewing these past few weeks because I had to put sewing machine cabt closed and pack up stuff in the room so that we could fit a bed in for a guest who was staying over Christmas and then again over New years, but now I can open everything back up and get started again. Good luck to everyone in Jan.

Blog Entries
    My stomach has been bothering me too. I think it is all of the crap i have been eating. I am starting over tomorrow. I ended December losing 1 pound. I was surprised at that. My DH is on a junk food eating binge and I am following him. He keeps buying me candy. I have told him to stop but he keeps doing it. So I started buying his favorite cookies and candies. He complained at me. So I told him "well that is what you are doing to me." He said I never thought of it that way. He said he would stop and then he brought home more candy the next day.
    I just ate my last piece of candy for a while. I need to stop! Healthy eating to everyone. Good luck.
    Pat

Pat - I know it's counter productive, but it's actually pretty sweet of your hubby!! hehe My weakness is chocolate but I don't like it when it's cold and hard so I put my Christmas chocolate in the fridge so I have to let it warm up before I can eat it. It's helped slow me down

Also sorry if I'm being oblivious, is there another Megan in our group? If not I think you made a mistake on the name as I only lost 1.5, however if there is another Megan, well then congrats other Megan!!!

My hubby and I are doing Atkins together and I tried a new recipe tonight that was SO yummy, and almost the whole family was happy with it!!! It was mozzarella filled meat balls. Definitely not low calorie, but low carb, so if anyone wants the recipe I'll post it. I was going through Pinterest last night and found a ton of new Atkins recipes I'm really excited about!

I'm continuing on with my reorganization spree that started at the beginning of Christmas break. We got a new-to-us sofa a few weeks ago and I wanted to try to fit it into our living room as soon as we took down the tree. I didn't know how we would possibly fit more furniture in the room as we already had a sofa and two oversized lazy boys but it's starting to come together. We had to move our TV and I'm still not totally in love with it's placement, but I think it's going to work.

Ok, it's time I shared, my guilty pleasure is free stuff!!! LOL I've been a member of a Freecycle group for about 8 years now. I love it as a way to purge clutter from my house that someone else is really excited about receiving and every now and then I find something really awesome. After moving to Seattle I found that people here are even more into the gifting spirit than my last two cities. Our "free" section on Craigslist is constantly changing and that's where I found the first sofa we have in our living room. We moved here without one and were saving to buy one when I ran across this one on craigslist. It's gray leather and is pretty worn in but I actually really like that look. Recently I found out about a group on facebook called buy nothing. What is neat about it is that it's hyper local so the members giving and receiving are my friends and neighbors. I got this newest sofa from there and I'm so glad I did because it is a quality piece of furniture. I almost didn't take it because I wasn't sure where I'd use it but he wasn't getting any takers and I really really liked it so I took it with the intention of giving it to my friend if she wanted it otherwise I was going to find a way to cram it in my living room I'm pretty happy with how it all worked out!

I am in for January. Will try to get my 3 mos worth of FQ's out by Friday.
    Been quite busy with all kinds of stuff. Need to lose what I gained in December as well as the tons of pounds I need to lose

'

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Feeling pretty yucky today. The weather might have something to do with it - it's -5 right now and heading for -30 tonight. Not feeling like eating, which I know is not good - slows the metabolism, etc. And definitely not feeling like exercising. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Stay warm, everyone!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast