Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: January weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by meganc731 View Post

Pat- glad you got the FQ's! I've been eyeing that orange in my LQS for awhile was happy I got a chance to buy it! Also I used to be able to post pictures from my phone just fine but recently I can't. I can only do it from my iPad :/
    I'm still having trouble. I hate not being able to post pics. I was going to try and resize my pictures, but have no idea how to do it.

I had yoga last night and it was "all about twists." I left feeling SO much better. She said to make sure we drink lots of water to flush out the toxins. Luckily, today is a bit warmer here, so drinking enough water should be easy. We also got bad news, the owner is selling. If they don't find a buyer they are going to close.

We ordered Chinese carry out a couple of nights ago. The new restaurant near me has a Healthy Meals section so I ordered steamed chicken and mixed veges with sauce on the side. It was really good and I only used a little of the sauce. There was enough food that I've had it for leftovers and there is still enough for today's lunch.

Healthy choices today everyone!

This is my last full day in Florida. Not walking as much as I had hoped because we have been pretty busy. When we take my mom and aunt places they walk super slow so it probably doesn't count toward exercise. Eating has been so-so. I got to eat at Jason's Deli for my birthday so I had their awesome salad bar. That's one of the things I miss most since we sold our house in Austin 2 1/2 years ago.

Blog Entries
    I am in charge of coming up with ideas for my quilt guild officer challenge this year. I found something on Pinterest that I liked. It leads back to a blog. There isn't a pattern or link to a pattern. Does anyone know if it is legal for me to make a pattern from this and pass it out. It is all half square triangles and it is just the color placement that makes the design.

Jim's Gem - what a beautiful name for that precious baby! There's nothing like being a grandma, is there? I have 3 grandsons and only 1 granddaughter. I've made a quilt for her - only thing left to do is put the binding on. I've started a quilt for my oldest grandson and picked up fabric and a pattern for the second oldest. I guess the youngest is going to have to wait for a while!
    Mean Mom - hope you're feeling better. The quilting group I belong to (we are not a formal guild) is making a raffle quilt from Fat Quarter Frenzy called Kansas Troubles. We're planning our second annual quilt camp and show for August. Lots of work, but lots of fun as well.
    I have not lost a pound this month. I try to be mindful of what I eat, but I have not been exercising. (I know - my bad!) My downfall is carbs, and especially desserts. Don't know if I can live without 'em!

Pat..the FQs went in the mail yesterday...forgot no mail on Monday...so you should have them in a couple days.
    Off to the hospital now....hand surgery in about 3 hours. Fingers crossed - no pun intended - that all comes out well and i can look forward to using it like i used to.
    Have a great week everyone !!! Welcome to the world to Annabelle !!!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Blog Entries
    Penni I hope the surgery goes well. Saying a prayer for the dr and fast healing.

PenniF, I hope you are recovering nicely and not in pain.
    Pat, did you get my fq's? I mailed them a week ago.

Blog Entries
    Yes Pam I received your FQ I thought I posted it, sorry. I have FQ form Leann, Megan,KimmerB,Pete, Mary Christine, CindyA, Raggiemom, Pam and Jims Gem.
    I thought i posted this a few days ago. I wonder where I posted it? Can I claim temporary insanity from stress?

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Yes Pam I received your FQ I thought I posted it, sorry. I have FQ form Leann, Megan,KimmerB,Pete, Mary Christine, CindyA, Raggiemom, Pam and Jims Gem.
    I thought i posted this a few days ago. I wonder where I posted it? Can I claim temporary insanity from stress?
    You did post it a while back but I had not sent mine yet.

Blog Entries
    I received FQ today from PenniF for 3 months. There are some really pretty FQ here we had all better get to work and behave ourselves. I went to the LQS today, I forgot they were having a 20% off sale for LQS day. I needed one more fabric for my mystery quilt. I neede 5 fabrics and of course I could only match up 4 from my stash. I am working on a snowman quilt and needed a little bit more of white on white for that. ( or I could behave myself and win the January fabric) Not a chance of that. The book came in for the class I am teaching sometime next year as a BOM. It is JAybird quilts Gravity quilt. I can't wait to get started on it. The fabric kit won't be in until Feb 3rd. I love it, hope it isn't too awful to make. Lots of triangles and hexagons.
    I weighed in this morning, I gained 1 of the 2.5 pounds I lost last week. Could be the pizza I had last night.

Congrats on Ana! I really miss my baby days sometimes. But I'm enjoying these years too. My youngest is 8 and my oldest turns 16 in a couple weeks.

I'm posting a test picture. I figured out a work around to resize the pictures through the phone but it's cumbersome and it looks like my picture is upside down in this post while it looks right side up in my album on my phone. I'm using an iPhone and if I email myself the picture using the default mail app (not the gmail app for example) it asks what size I want my picture to be. I selected small for this picture. I then opened the new email saved the picture to my camera roll again and uploaded it here. I also tried to upload the original photo to see what would happen. In the past I've been getting an error message but this time it just would never load. It needs to be played with some more

Attachment 507549

I'm frustrated with my weight this month. I'm within 3 pounds of my goal (goal for this month, not my final goal) but I seem to be stuck right where I am. I'm certainly happy that I've lost this month but I had a specific number in mind, I just want to be there. I lost my motivation a bit tonight and had 3 peanut butter cookies and some chocolate. The way my body has been working I'll probably see the scale go down in the morning

I'm really intrigued to see what kind of losses we all achieve this month, it sounds like we've all been doing quite good!!

(update on the pic..... not sure if I'm having wifi issues, or if the picture caused a problem, but I went to post this message from my phone and I got a weird error that my message was too short. There was no option to load the auto-save. Came to my ipad and my message was waiting on auto-save here for me. Hoping it was a problem with my connection to the wifi and not the photo that caused the problem.)

I'm afraid I really blew it last night! My friends and I get together for theme dinners throughout the year. Last night was
    Mexican night and the food was fabulous! We had everything from nachos to enchilada to tres leche cake. So I guess the point of me telling you this is that you all now have a better chance of winning the fat quarter for January.

Mexican food is so yummy but so bad with all the fat and sodium.

It's ok Mary Christine, one night wont set you back much, if at all!! Special nights like that are important!

I'm getting so amped up for the super bowl. We moved to the Seattle area 2 years ago. I could have cared less about football my entire life, but I got into it last year when we got close to getting to the super bowl and then we won it so that sealed the deal, I've been a fan ever since. The second we won this last game I declared we were having a super bowl party. It's a potluck so there will be lots to try. Come game day, the diet is off!!

Blog Entries
    Getting ready to go on retreat! Did not know so much is needed for 4 days of sewing. Just hope that is all I do and no eating!!!!
    I know some people say not to weigh every day and I think that is good advice. I was on a plateau for days and then - wham! I dropped 5 lbs. You should have seen my "touchdown" dance! The next day I was up 7 lbs and am staying there. Hate that scale. Hate it!!!! The paper today stated one should weigh daily...keeps you on course, if you see weight creeping up you don't eat that candy bar..Can't win, can we?? Pounds, pounds, go away. Don't come back another day!

PenniF = hope your hand is healung well and you will be back to cutting out material just to sew it back again!.

Jim's Gem - congrats on new grandbaby and what a beautiful name!

Mean Mom - I can empathize with you and your knees. My rheumy offered the "rooster" shots to me --- I declined for now. Anyone have them?

Only a few more days until the end of the month -----stay strong!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Well, I lost the 2 pounds I gained this month! I'm hoping to have a net gain for the month though Like Pete, there are a few more days until the end of the month. Good luck everyone! Try and stay strong.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Pete I have been getting the shots in my knee for 3 or 4 years. They worked really well up until last April. All of the sudden my knee was really hurting at certain times. I had surgery to clean it out. There were a couple of bone chunks floating around (1cm x 2 cm) and the inside of my knee looked like moon craters. He cleaned it out and buffed it. I was good for 6 months now it is acting up again. The shots were certainly beneficial. Mine worked for 6 months per shot. Definately worth trying them.

Hello Ladies. I am encouraged by everyone's progress. Great attitudes, edifying chatter. I have been in Austin again all week; I hope to go back home tomorrow for the weekend. I am so exhausted, probably more from the mental struggle than anything. I do not know what to do. Josh has seen two different doctors and they say two different things, but the one we saw yesterday did tell us he would approve a referral to another doctor.

But while there, he talked to me about my knees and gave me the name of an orthopedist. He told me absolutely NO impacting exercise - bike & elliptical ok, walking not so much, maybe once a week just cuz I want. He said no twisting - get in/out of the car by sitting first, knees together and turn my legs together. He said my gait is off, which it always is when I have been sitting for more than 5 minutes. Lemme get my knees warmed up first. He also said to wear shoes with cushion, which I do 99% of the time.

I was surprised that he did not say anything about my weight. I told him that I'm trying to lose the 20# I've gained since my surgery - my Houston ortho said that for every pound lost, that is four pounds of stress off my knees.

Be safe & warm whereever you are.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    My dr has always said no exercise with impact. I find the elliptical is good. I do like spinning but haven't done that in ages. I'm not sure I have the flexibility for that right now. I was transferred to a different school 2 weeks ago. The last 2 schools were pretty much one floor. This one has 3 floors. Stairs have always been hard for my knees. I was mostly using the elevator because I go up and down from top to bottom numerous times a day At first the stairs were killing me. Now I think they are helping. I have been trying to use them a little bit more each day. Only time will tell.
    Leann I hope you get answers soon from the doctors. Not knowing what is going on is almost worse than knowing. I have a family dr and my ortho and surprisingly neither has said anything about my weight.

Blog Entries
    I just posted the February thread. DOn't forget to sign up. Good luck to everyone. The FQ theme for Feb is purple. I already have FQ from most of you.http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...s-t260510.html

Hello everyone! Enjoyed spending time with my newest Grandbaby.
    I made a quilt for Annabelle and forgot to get a picture of the quilt. I asked my daughter to send me a picture of the whole quilt.
    But for now I will share it with Annabelle and her brother Isaac on itName:  10923466_10152522428861086_5174005873378094442_o.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  228.9 KB
    and a picture of my daughter and the rest of the family:
    Name:  10924606_10152514241521086_5715628198197057798_o.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  200.0 KB

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

So far I am down a couple of lbs for the month. But I will wait until tomorrow morning to give my official weight loss. I can be up and down 3 -4 lbs daily depending on salt, water and other stuff.

Had a great time at the Road to California Quilt show. I was there with 3 friends and they took turns pushing me around. I just can't walk very long. I got out of the chair at all the vendor booths that I wanted to look at. Didn't spend too much. Great inspiration!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Wow Gayle! That is a priceless photo of Isaac & Annabelle. You are so blessed. Beautiful quilt. I admire your strength - I ALWAYS spend too much at any quilt show.

I am back home for the weekend. No idea what my weight is - will get on scale tomorrow for first time in over a week.
    Gonna spend the entire weekend cuddling with my hubby. We are expecting dreary, cool, damp weather all weekend - perfect snuggling weather. Monday morning I'll drive back to Austin for the week.

Happy quilting!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

I've been mostly successful with cutting out my evening snacking and it's finally starting to show on the scales!! I can't take all the credit - my family has been good about trying to help with that and two co-workers are really being careful about what they eat. Their dedication is contagious! I was up half the night last night (not unusual for me) and am so proud and happy that I completely resisted getting anything to eat or drink. I just focused on the insomnia, not trying to fill it with food. Eventually I got sleepy and was able to get back to sleep.

It is SO cold here the last few days and some more bad weather expected for us. As I was walking into work I was thinking that your body has to work harder to keep warm. Maybe that is helping burn calories!

Healthy choices everyone.

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to PM me you weight loss. So far we have a tie for the winner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast