Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: January weight loss 2016

Blog Entries

January weight loss 2016

January Weight Loss Challenge 2016
    January Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On January 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On January 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on February 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.
    You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is encouraged, as wells as what are you working on. Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    January starts the new year so it is time for renewed commitment to our health. It is a good time to make a new start of things and begin an exercise program. So I thought a good FQ theme for January would be brights. This would make a beautiful quilt for our bright new beginning for a new year. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for the renewed commitment to our health. We are all so used to doing for others. Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure January 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for January is brights.

Count me in. I am prediabetes and 69 yrs old. Got to get this under control.
    Susanna

Blog Entries
    Count me in, too!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Welcome. Good luck to you.

Blog Entries
    oh, goodness! i so completely need to do this! if i sign up twice will i lose twice as fast?? meanmom, i love your avatar quilt!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I was prediabetetic and my Dr showed me the best thing to do pickup anything you are going eat an read the label on the back if the sugar level goes over 10 grams don't eat and I mean don't eat it fresh fruit is ok , not more than 2 slices of bread in a day, no more meat than can fit on the palm of your hand in a day , bingo I lost 45 lbs in three months.

Hi! I love this idea! Please sign me up! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cathyre View Post
    I was prediabetetic and my Dr showed me the best thing to do pickup anything you are going eat an read the label on the back if the sugar level goes over 10 grams don't eat and I mean don't eat it fresh fruit is ok , not more than 2 slices of bread in a day, no more meat than can fit on the palm of your hand in a day , bingo I lost 45 lbs in three months.
    Thank you. That is what I need to know. Will try it.

Hi, I'm back for the new year and rarrin' to go! Thanks meanmom for being our hostess. I like the 'bright' fabric for the new year.

Hope my internet gets fixed soon so that I can actually be online every day.

Happy New Year to everyone!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Hey there everyone. I have struggled with my weight for all of my adult life. I have not been a healthy weight since high school. I am now 33 years old and am the heaviest I have been. Something has got to change. I think the idea of having some form of motivation, in this case fabric, is a great idea. Good luck to you all! We can do this!

I am in for January!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

No weight loss in December for me, up several pounds but it could have been worse. I'm off to a good start for January tho! Best wishes everyone!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    well, i've done this wrong already! i started 2 days before new year's, just cutting back, and leaving the meal just a little bit hungry. sounds like a good start, except, i don't have a scale so i didn't get a start weight. guess i won't be trying for the fabric. the important thing is that i lose weight and get healthy. like i need more fabric, yeah, right. ok, i know you can't see me pouting. so i had just better pull up my big girl panties, and keep on keeping on. if my big girl panties are falling down that's a sure sign i'm losing weight, right? a reason to smile! no wonder i'm bi-polar. lollololol'

Sounds like this will motivate me! Count me in!

Blog Entries
    Nancy you could just weigh yourself now. I am having a hard time getting back on track. I have eaten so much junk the last couple of weeks I am surprised I'm not sick. I only gained 3 pounds in December, which is a shock. I have been doing a spinning class 3 days a week and some walking which I guess has saved me from it being worse. I was eating candy this afternoon. It is one of my favorites. I threw the rest of it in the trash. I was sitting here thinking that it is in a bag it would still be good. OMG! I think i am crazy. I went and put it down the garbage disposal.
    I go back to work tomorrow so I won't be around the goodies all day. Most of them are gone anyway. Hopefully not too many people will bring things in to work. I eat at the last lunch time so most of the good stuff is gone by the time I get in there.

I am in for January. Is it time again to send in new FQs?
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Yes time for a new batch of FQ. January theme is brights. I could use some suggestions for Feb and March.

Blog Entries
    fEBRUARY-- wild animals march-- greens
    now i have to go buy a scale. well, in for a prnny, in for a pound!

Hi. I am new to this and was wondering if you have done any polka dots lately? Not sure what else you could do though, maybe flowers?
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Possible FQ themes: Batiks only, Geometric prints (dots, stripes, other shapes), Juvenile fabrics, Solids, Holiday themed, Patriotic, "Ugly" (fabrics that you think are "ugly"...often beautiful to others), Civil War prints, 1930's prints...

Just a few of my ideas. Hope this helps.

Good luck to everyone in January!
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Anyone know who won for December? Thanks.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    The winner for December is Pam H with a loss of 11.8 pounds. WOW awesome job Pam! Especially for December with all of the parties etc. Keep up the good work.
    Pat

congrats Pam. 11.8 lbs. I gained 5 over the holidays. Too much bad food in my house for too long because of bad weather

I am in for January! I definitely need some motivation to loose these pounds as for FQ ideas -- WoW, neutrals, black&white, your-favorite-color
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    LuckyALF2
    Busy quilty crafty Mom of 2

The only place housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary

I could use some neutrals or blenders. I also love black and white.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast