Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: February weight loss 2016

Blog Entries

February weight loss 2016

February Weight Loss Challenge 2016
    February Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On February 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On February 28th, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on March 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.
    You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is encouraged, as wells as what are you working on. Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    February is usually a dreary month so we need to find innovative ways to exercise. Maybe try a new class?So I thought a good FQ theme for February would be Valentines day theme, hearts, pink red something like that. This would make a beautiful quilt for getting ready for spring. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for the renewed commitment to our health. We are all so used to doing for others. Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure February 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for February is Valentines Day.

Hey there. I'm in. You already have my FQ. Thanks.
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

OK I made it over here.
    Anna Quilts

Sign me up

I will be a part of this challenge!! Sign me up.

Well no loss for January for me. Hopefully this month will be better.
    Anna Quilts

I am in for February!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I'm in for another month. Good luck everyone!

Blog Entries
    I am down 5 pounds for January. Not as good as it should have been but down is always good. It would help if I would quit making homemade bread. I went to spinning class tonight, I almost talked myself out of going. Tough class tonight. We did an 8 minute hill, and a 4 minute speed burst. I rode 17 miles in 50 minutes. I do feel so much better since it went. I might try a water aerobics class tomorrow. I have gone before but it has been years.
    My DH finished the homemade bread. I had one slice today. I don't even want to think about how much I had yesterday.I made cinnamon raisin bread. DH ate 1/2 of a loaf while I was gone. Less for me, good.

Hello Ladies, count me in! meanmom has my skinnie!

Congrats on a 5# loss Pat! I was down 5# mid-month, but only ended up with a 3# loss. Nothing what I had hoped for.

meanmom, I will keep your family in my prayers. What a hard situation.

About your kindergartner - sad that this childs mother does not see the gift of knowing of a serious problem at such a young age. Several in my circle did not learn of bipolar or depression until their teen years. At least there is time to get a good treatment plan, but with the mom in denial, she is condemning that child in ways she can't see yet. Obviously, the mom has treatment needs of her own.
    Last edited by Leann; 02-02-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Hello everyone. I'm hoping you all are ready for a month of weight loss! I sure am! Have a great day!

I am in for February. Last month I lost 2.2. Tomorrow I go for blood work to see if my diet has improved my numbers.

Have you announced the winner yet? Why do we have 2 February post going???

Blog Entries
    The other February post is last year. I noticed I wasn't putting the year on it, also former host didn't put the year on either. Makes them hard to find.
    The winner for January is Jcarpentier with a loss of 7.5 pounds. Great job.There were some good losses again this month. Everyone keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    I am trying for a big loss for February. I started going to a water bootcamp class this week. It is a good group of ladies and a fun class. It is a much better workout than some of the water aerobics classes I have taken in the past. It does cut into my quilting time some.
    I need to come up with some new snacks for after work and before classes. I can't eat dinner or I would probably puke. But need something or I run out of gas. Today I diced an apple and put some almond butter and cinnamon on it. It was really good. I would need something a little bit more before spinning class. I get bored with food easily.
    I am trying to finish all of my UFO's this year. I am trying to do the same as last year and finish 2 UFO's before I let myself start something new. I just finished 3 UFO's so I am trying to decide what to do next. SO many projects in my head and so little time!

That was a good choice for a snack, Pat. A couple of my favorite snacks are peppers with hummus and triscuits or wheat thins with a light laughing cow cheese wedge.
    For anyone wanting to cut back on sugar, here is an article I just found. I can't believe there are 56 different names for sugar! No wonder it is so hard to stay away from.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/carolynkylst...2u#.ovYRlnlw71
    Congrats Jcarpenter. That is a great loss!

Great job Jcarpentier! I pray your success continues!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

I'd love to join in & if I'm too late for the prize, then for the chit chat. I read the thread from time to time for tips & motivation! I saw an article recently that said one of the best tools for weight loss is support & I am in need of some! I lost 2 lbs in January- nothing spectacular, but a small move in the right direction.

Yikes, I could not find the thread, but here I am at last!! I joined WW in January and lost 5 lbs the first week, .5 the second week. Now it is February and I will weigh in again tomorrow. I have a hard time sticking with something so this is the 3rd time I am at WW. It worked before, but I always quit too soon and stopped. Need this loss to help with blood pressure. Also, I sure would like to shop for clothes and actually have something I like fit me! Have not quilted since Christmas. I am knitting hats and scarfs for my grandchildren who live in MN.....snow, cold, burr!! I have one left to do and then back to my quilting. I have sure missed it. So, luck to everyone here. This will be a good month for us all!!

Thanks! I think what really helped is drinking lots of water and stopping eating when I was full. Also, I tried to know when I was really hungry versus just bored, etc. That cold that hit me at the end of the month probably helped too, but I wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for all the congrats! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Blog Entries
    I babysat the grandkids last weekend. The next day both of them had wicked colds. They have given it to me, thanks guys. I don't have it that bad, just enough to make me stuffy and lazy. I dragged thru spinning class, luckily it was a sub teacher. The other one would have pushed me. I only rode 18 miles yesterday, on Saturdays I usually do 22 or 23. Then I went to do the machines and dragged thru them. I had a hard time finishing. I went to an outlet mall and finally came home to take a nap. I feel better today, but still stuffy.
    We are going to a Super Bowl party today. Hope I can behave myself. It is a poker tournament followed by watching the game. Hopefully I can win some money today!

Arghhh up, up and up! Hopefully by the end of the month it is down again or some loss.
    Anna Quilts

Hello. My daughter has a 2-hour delay for the start of school today. Not sure we will send her in if we can't get out of the driveway. We'll see. Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Tuesday!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and made it through the Super Bowl without eating the kitchen bowl !! We had crab cakes for a treat dinner so I guess I probably ate a little more than needed. But I am back at it for the week.

I wish I could stay on track on the weekends like I do during the week. We had a funeral this weekend- service on Saturday & burial at the National Cemetery on Monday. Both of those things involved food- comfort food. Then there was the Super Bowl gathering we went to. I brought Cobb salad dip & an Asian Chicken salad. Neither is as healthy as they may sound!! I did talk myself out of some chips today & went with air popped popcorn so that was a small win.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast