Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: March Weight Loss 2016

Blog Entries

March Weight Loss 2016

March Weight Loss Challenge 2016
    March Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On March 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On March 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on April 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.
    You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is encouraged, as wells as what are you working on. Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    March is hopefully the beginning of spring. Try something new, new foods new exercise.So I thought a good FQ theme for March would be purple. This would make a beautiful quilt for getting ready for spring. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for the renewed commitment to our health. We are all so used to doing for others. Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure March 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for March is purple.

I am in again!!! Just PM'd you. Let the weight loss continue !!!

I am here again. Hope I do better this month. Already mailed my fat quarter. I love purple.

This sounds good. I'm in!

Blog Entries
    I am so mad at myself. I ate a huge bowl of ice cream last night because I was mad at my DH and son. I was also over tired. What make me even more mad is it wasn't even very good. What a waste of calories. If it had been good at least I would have enjoyed it.

I'm in for March. Already sent my FQ in January. Good luck everyone!

I'm in for March.

In for March. Thanks!
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Good morning all. Its going to be a rough day today. My daughter was up vomiting half the night and I have to work at 8 am. Good thing I'm an early bird and have LOTS of coffee on hand. Hope everyone is off to a good start with weight loss for March! Think Spring!

Oh Jcarpentier, I am so sorry to hear of your bad night and do hope your daughter is better this morning. Yes, it will be a long day for you..... hopefully early to bed tonight!

I am in! I am close to my goal weight but keep hoovering several pounds above it.
    Anna Quilts

Oh no......what is today, a test for me !!??? I am at work and someone brought in a home made carrot cake for the staff. Yikes!! So I had a small piece and felt guilty all the time I ate it. Luckily I think I can now walk away from the rest of it. I will send it home with someone tonight and it will be gone. Then, another nice person brought in a huge bowl full of Easter chocolates for the staff.....what the heck???!!! I must find another place for this bowl other than the middle of my desk!! So far I have not checked it out very well, but I can just feel all the chocolate going to my thighs already!!! Help!!! I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that it went down a little.....and now this! I weigh in at Weight Watchers tomorrow morning and it better be a negative number!!

I have the same problem at my job. We have two staff meetings a month - one for all staff and one for just my team. And at each meeting there is a cake or special treat for the birthday people of that month. Although, not every month includes a birthday person. The two months this year so far have been better though. Fruit was served, so I hope they stay with that plan. We also have people bring in goodies from home often, as well as fruit bowls or bagels. But it can be hard to resist the goodies. I haven't been able to resist completely. I know that if I just have a taste, and I mean just one small bite, I can go merrily on my way.

Blog Entries
    There are often treats in the teachers lounge at school. One Friday a month there is breakfast. Luckily I forgot that it was today. I ate at home and was running a little bit behind this morning. I ate about a 1" square of a brownie. By the time I got back in there at lunch time all of the yummy stuff was gone so I didn't HAVE to eat it. We started the biggest loser at school this week. I joined in. SO last night when I got home my DH had a pizza here. Not good for weight loss.
    I have had the grandkids several times this week so I missed a couple of my exercise classes. Heading to spinning tomorrow. I need to figure out the winner. for February.

Blog Entries
    The winner for February is Mjmachin with a loss of 5 pounds. Congratulations.

Thanks so much. Hopefully I can get rid of another 5 lbs in March. Good luck everyone.

Congratulations mjmachin!
    Anna Quilts

Awesome Mjmachin! Keep up the good work!

I should have joined this month. My exercise has come to an abrupt halt - I fell last Tuesday, my birthday, and hurt my lower back. One Dr is talking a fracture, one not sure. I have another app't Thursday. In the meantime, I've done no yoga or walking so my lower abdomen is expanding already. My daughter loves purple so I might have been motivated to watch what I eat for her. Did I say I overeat when stressed and this is definitely stressful? Okay, Judy, stop your whining. Like my son says,"What is, is".

Oh dear, Judy. I sure hope it not a fracture. Take care of yourself.

Please be very careful with your hurt back, Judy. We all wish you well and hope there is no fracture for you to contend with.

Blog Entries
    I hope it isn't a fracture Judy. Praying it all goes well. I tried a new class tonight. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow and get out of bed. I did my spinning class, 15 miles and then a group power class. Lots and lots of squats with weights and weight lifting. I was doing water aerobics 2 nights a week but I don't like having something 4 nights a week.

My friend and I worked out with a trainer yesterday. Oh my. Just about every part of my body hurts today. I plan to go back friday to work out again if my knee feels better. She really kicked our butts!

Hey all. Its been rough here in this house lately. We have all had the flu and my daughter now has a cold. We are on the mend and feeling all right now though.

I am in. You already have my FQ.
    So far I think I am gaining for the month.

I have a new little Granddaughter. Erin Elizabeth was born on March 2. That makes 7 grands, 4 girls 3 boys.
    Love being a grandma, but it sure is tiring when you get to babysit them.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast