Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jennifer-chiaverini-%22elm-creek-quilt-novels%22-t160220.html)

Jackie R 10-14-2011 04:47 PM

They are very good stories - I've just read a couple of them in the last year or two but will definitely read more.

DanaMargaret 10-14-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple

Originally Posted by traumaRN

Originally Posted by jeanne307
I am on Union Quilters right now... I have read the whole series from beginning to end... they are very good. I love reading them. The new one "The Wedding Quilt" comes out in November. My favorites of the series are The Runaway Quilt and The Lost Quilter. Enjoy them!!!

I'm reading the Union Quilters now also; and for some reason I'm not enjoying it as much as I have the others. But I'll keep plugging away at it

I have to agree. I just started the Union Quilters today and it seems, I don't know, confusing in its character development. I find myself having to look back to figure out relationships

I like most of her books, but had to stop reading 1/4 way through Union Quilter. I just couldn't get into it

cowgirlquilter 10-14-2011 04:54 PM

I have really enjoyed all of them. Can crank out one in a day, and I read them while on vacation this summer. We drove to Oklahoma (well, actually I read, and my hubby drove)....lol!

BarbaraSue 10-14-2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by jeanne307
I am on Union Quilters right now... I have read the whole series from beginning to end... they are very good. I love reading them. The new one "The Wedding Quilt" comes out in November. My favorites of the series are The Runaway Quilt and The Lost Quilter. Enjoy them!!!

Me too. I have read all up to now.
My faves are the Sugar Camp Quilt, the Runaway Quilt, the Lost Quilter. and the Union Quilters.

quilter7995 10-14-2011 05:59 PM

This is a wonderful book series and can't wait for the new book to come out.

quiltmom04 10-14-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
You know, I just can't get into those books. I like the characters and even the story lines are OK but the endings are so anticlimactic. I am always underwhelmed.

Thank you for saying. I was beginning to think I was the only one that felt this way. The first one was very enjoyable, but by the third one, they became too...predictable...they reminded me of what happened to John Grisham books. I've started the others, but just can't get into them.

I agree. I read The Quilter's Apprentice, and tried to read another one, but just couldn't get interested. I do like the accompanying quilt books, though.

ScrappyAZ 10-14-2011 07:27 PM

Didn't care for The Union Quilters, but after reading The Aloha Quilt, I'm obsessed with wanting to make a Hawaiian applique block. Just a block because I don't think I can make an entire Hawaiian quilt.

janiesews 10-14-2011 08:22 PM

I have enjoyed them too and am reading the Union Quilters now.

Janquiltz 10-14-2011 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ghpender
I have read "Quilter's Holiday". Just wish they all came out for my kindle. I don't buy hardback or softback books anymore.

When I checked Amazon, it looks like all or almost all of her stand alone books are available for the Kindle. The books that are three-in-one aren't in e-book format. Looks like I need to visit Cosco as someone in TX said she got the newest one (Wedding Quilt) there. I am an avid reader and my reading is done on the Nook, but am thinking about the Kindle Fire so that I can get quilting magazine in e-format.

I enjoy and have all of the Chiaverini books and sure would enjoy going to a quilt retreat like the Elm Creek one.

winter012 10-15-2011 01:50 AM

These are the BEST books!!!!!! I've picked up quite a few at Barnes & Noble.com, in their used paperback section. Often you can get NEW or almost new books for a fraction of the price of a new book. I have a whole shelf of Elm Creek Quilts books, & wouldn't sell or trade them for anything!!!!!!!