Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jennifer-chiaverini-%22elm-creek-quilt-novels%22-t160220.html)

MerryQuilter 10-15-2011 04:21 PM

They are a great read

gramquilter2 10-15-2011 04:48 PM

I have read all of her books and am waiting for the next one. They are a great read.

SunlitenSmiles 10-15-2011 06:08 PM

She came to the libary here, the one she worked in as a teen, it was great to hear her speak and read a portion of the latest book. Her mother and sister were there also.

pignwdw 10-16-2011 06:43 AM

I was lucky enough to meet Jennifer when she was in Sonoma recently researching the next book, Sonoma Rose, which can be pre ordered on Amazon now for release in spring 2012. She is very personable and is really appreciative of her readers.
Robin from Napa CA

LenaBeena 10-16-2011 06:55 AM

I must agree. I tried to read different ones but did not enjoy them any more than the Debbie MacComber series. Just couldn't get interested at all. I also do not recommended Sister Chicks, not realistic.

But I really like Phillips Gulleys's Harmony Series and wish he would write more, reminds me of my hometown people and good laughs and thoughts. Also enjoy the Mitford series of Father Tim and I wish Jan Karon would write more of those too.

Now I need more suggestions for good reading when I can't sleep. Ideas please :)

ruthrec 10-16-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by sandrab64
I am SO enjoying the Elm Creek Quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverini! They are interesting, unique, and just a nice clean read. If you read the first one "The Quilter's Apprentice", I guarantee you'll want to read all the rest!

Yes, you will...I read most of them...waiting on the library to get the rest - very well written.

FayZ 10-16-2011 08:53 AM

I see there's 10 pages. I haven't read them all so if I repeat someone I do apologize.Has anyone read the Annies Attic mysteries? I hate to spend money on something I won't like. FayZ

newestnana 10-16-2011 08:57 AM

My fav LQS has an informal lending library, including all the Elm Street Quilts books. Great way to share novels related to our hobby. .

I will say that the Aloha Quilt was not one of my favs, although that did not deter me from buying the fabric and pattern (licensed by JC and made by Red Rooster).

newestnana 10-16-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
I have a few of them on audio. I enjoy them as well.

I love to listen to audiobooks while quilting.

SunlitenSmiles 10-16-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana
My fav LQS has an informal lending library, including all the Elm Street Quilts books. Great way to share novels related to our hobby. .

I will say that the Aloha Quilt was not one of my favs, although that did not deter me from buying the fabric and pattern (licensed by JC and made by Red Rooster).

can you post a photo of the fabric, would love to see it