Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jennifer-chiaverini-%22elm-creek-quilt-novels%22-t160220.html)

newestnana 10-16-2011 11:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the finished lap quilt from fabrics licensed by Jennifer Chiaverini and made by Red Rooster, as a companion to The Aloha Quilt book (the pattern was free, also available online at the time...I haven't checked lately).

This quilt was a gift for my DSIL. With the quilt, I gave her a copy of the book, and a bookmark I made with some of the selvage from the fabric.

FayZ 10-16-2011 11:59 AM

Newestnana,Your quilt is beautiful.

ktmo815 10-16-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by newestnana
Here is the finished lap quilt from fabrics licensed by Jennifer Chiaverini and made by Red Rooster, as a companion to The Aloha Quilt book (the pattern was free, also available online at the time...I haven't checked lately).

This quilt was a gift for my DSIL. With the quilt, I gave her a copy of the book, and a bookmark I made with some of the selvage from the fabric.

Where online did you find the pattern? Your quilt is awesome!

Jackie R 10-16-2011 01:53 PM

The Mitford series are very good books - I've read them all and love all the characters in them, especially of course, Ftr. Tim and his wife.

Another good series is by Elizabeth Peters. She has a series created around late 1800's and early 1900's about a very independent woman and her good looking archaeologist husband and excavating during the "season" in Egypt, etc. and living in England the rest of the time. Very entertaining stories. I love these.

TootieAnn 10-17-2011 04:05 AM

I LOVE her books! Can't wait for the new one to come out!

TootieAnn 10-17-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie R
The Mitford series are very good books - I've read them all and love all the characters in them, especially of course, Ftr. Tim and his wife.

Another good series is by Elizabeth Peters. She has a series created around late 1800's and early 1900's about a very independent woman and her good looking archaeologist husband and excavating during the "season" in Egypt, etc. and living in England the rest of the time. Very entertaining stories. I love these.

The Mitford series is also a favorite. Great stories, clean reading!

TootieAnn 10-17-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana

That's really lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us.

LindaDeeter 10-17-2011 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by FayZ
I see there's 10 pages. I haven't read them all so if I repeat someone I do apologize.Has anyone read the Annies Attic mysteries? I hate to spend money on something I won't like. FayZ

Hi Faye ... Yes, I have read the Annie's Attic Mysteries and enjoyed everyone of them. I have several friends I share them with and we anxiously await the next. You'll love Annie and all her friends throughout the books. I am up to 12 now. All good clean reading and beautiful books. I have my collection in my guest room where they are enjoyed!

bearlea 10-17-2011 07:49 AM

I have read them all and am waiting for the new release sometime this month..haven't heard much about it though..blessings

FayZ 10-17-2011 10:18 AM

thank you LindaDeeter.