Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joann's app coupons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joanns-app-coupons-t278074.html)

jmoore 04-26-2016 02:41 AM

Last time I popped in to JA's for some tear away fusible paper, my coupon wouldn't load while I was in the store. Rather than tie up the register and line, I just paid regular price.

Skhf 04-26-2016 03:21 AM

I had to update phones from my iPhone 4 to get other apps to work. Bought a Fitbit then discovered it would only run on iphone4s not just a 4. It is hard to get rid of a phone that works perfectly especially for a $600+ upgrade. Technology should be getting less expensive not more

paoberle 04-26-2016 03:24 AM

I get 4-5 emails every week with coupons. I get lots of snail mail coupons also.

quilterpurpledog 04-26-2016 03:35 AM

Sounds like it is time to abandon Apple products. $600 for a phone=that sounds ridiculous since it becomes obsolete whenever a new model is produced. I have an Android and I never have any of these problems.

marymay 04-26-2016 04:03 AM

.You might have to delete this app then reinstale it. I had to do this last week.

MissSongbird 04-26-2016 04:06 AM

I have no problem with my Joann's app. I still seem to be getting the most updated coupons. And I still get emails all the time. But if you are having trouble with the app, you can still find pretty much all of the same coupons on their website.

Geri B 04-26-2016 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 7533137)
It is because your iPhone stopped up dating - I had the iPhone 4 too and all of sudden I was not getting things on the Joann's app, or my Starbuck's app, and Target. At first I thought it was the result of all my data space was used up, so I dumped a lot of old pictures and some apps I was not using and it didn't help. I do think it is Safari that prevents the updates. I got some odd messages telling me that I didn't have the current operating service and as a result couldn't up-date.
Supposedly there is a class action case going about the Iphone4, since it forces people to replace the phone since it won't update. I didn't want to wait so went with the iPhone 6.

Im with you...and I refuse to pay that much for a phone, even if it does almost everything but pour coffee. I was at a JAF store one day recently and the same thing..no coupons on the app...the sales clerk told me to just search Joann fabrics....forget the app, and coupons came up on webste...go figure....

muskratwine 04-26-2016 07:12 AM

I just checked on my phone and there are coupons. Maybe you need to reinstall the app? I'm using a Galaxy phone so maybe that makes a difference. All I know, I am very happy to be rid of my Apple phone!!

Lady Diana 04-26-2016 08:29 AM

ICON IS now white instead of green and the coupon button no longer shows on screen, there is a flipping ad that has coupons that you have to quickly touch and then you see the list of all the coupons. I have an android phone.

Dolphyngyrl 04-26-2016 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 7533137)
It is because your iPhone stopped up dating - I had the iPhone 4 too and all of sudden I was not getting things on the Joann's app, or my Starbuck's app, and Target. At first I thought it was the result of all my data space was used up, so I dumped a lot of old pictures and some apps I was not using and it didn't help. I do think it is Safari that prevents the updates. I got some odd messages telling me that I didn't have the current operating service and as a result couldn't up-date.
Supposedly there is a class action case going about the Iphone4, since it forces people to replace the phone since it won't update. I didn't want to wait so went with the iPhone 6.

One of the main reasons I will not buy apple products ever