Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joke (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joke-t156454.html)

Kitsie 09-28-2011 10:55 AM

I LOVE IT!!! A real belly laugher!

scraphq 09-28-2011 12:11 PM

So funny!!!

Lisanne 09-28-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Cute! There's a moral to this story so hopefully everyone will consider that vs. getting upset. Thanks for the chuckle!

Nope, no moral (unless it's to be careful what you ask for), just the funny.

pstrwife 09-29-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Let me preface this by saying I'm not advocating anything here. It's just meant to be a laugh.

An Atheist in the Woods

An atheist was walking through the woods.
"What majestic trees!"
"What powerful rivers!"
"What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

Suddenly, the atheist heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look, and saw a seven foot grizzly bear charging toward him. The atheist ran as fast as he could along the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He tripped and fell to the ground.

Rolling over to pick himself up, he found the bear right on top of him, reaching toward him with its left paw and raising the right paw to strike...

At that instant the atheist cried out, "Oh my God!"

Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.

A bright light shone upon the man,
And a voice came out of the sky.

"You deny my existence for all these years, you teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light. "Well, it would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now. But perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?"

A pause ...

"Very well," said the voice.

The light went out.
The sounds of the forest resumed.

And the bear dropped his right arm,
brought both paws together,
bowed his head and spoke...

"Lord, bless this food, which I am about to receive."

pstrwife 09-29-2011 04:54 AM

I LOVE IT SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE ENTRY I HAVE PRESSED SOME BUTTON OR SOMETHING> WORDS ARE ALL CAPS< NO COMMAS OR PERIODS ETC>
BUT I STILL LOVE THE JOKE

anniesews 09-29-2011 05:32 AM

SO funny.

Cagey 09-29-2011 05:48 AM

So now everyone at work is looking at me as I'm ROFL!
thanks for a good laugh this morning.

sandpat 09-29-2011 06:00 AM

LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

Edie 09-29-2011 06:19 AM

I heard this joke a few years ago and to me, it has to go down as one of the best jokes, bar none, that has ever been written. I laugh so hard every time I hear it. I have it printed out and once in a while I have to go into my file and sure enough, there it is and sure enough, I have to read it again and sure enough, I laugh my darn fool head off.

Thanks for not making me have to go into my file cabinet today.

Edie

mhansen6 09-29-2011 06:34 AM

I loved it. I sent it to my Dad. He will get a good belly laugh out of it.