Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Joke: Visit To The Emergency Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/joke-visit-emergency-room-t40022.html)

KarenSimon 03-20-2010 03:22 PM

I just sent it off to all my relatives and friends. Living this close to the border it might help our wait time.

granny_59 03-20-2010 03:40 PM

Hi Karen

I figured out what PC means but dont have the slidest idea what "pet peeve" means. I am a foreigner and english is not my mothertongue.
Sorry for being boring but I dont consider myself as PC. I think it is in the human nature to make jokes about everything that scares or is hard to deal with. A couple of days ago there was a joke about dementia and I loved it. My mother died two years ago after suffering from Alzheimer for several years.

I just dont see the point what is so unbearable or scary about foreign human beings that you have to make jokes like that.

amandasgramma 03-20-2010 03:50 PM

OMG -- that's SO funny! My SIL lives in southern Cal. She had to go to the ER thinking she was having a heart attack. She was told to go sit down it'd be a few hours (?????? gasp) She noticed there were a lot of people that, well, she THOUGHT may not have insurance nor be here legally. She went to the corner, slumped, and passed out. ALL FAKE! She got rushed in..........got treated ..........no heart attack.........but they kept her there for 3 days for psychiatric evaluation. My DH says they didn't keep her long enough!!!!! (this is a TRUE story!)

minnow895 03-20-2010 04:09 PM

it is not the legal forener that are scarry it is the illeagles listen to the news about all the robbery and killing nine time out of ten it turns out being an illeagle they are taking our jobs this is why our system is crashing they overload the emergency romm and say they can't pay so they get free health they abouse our social systems food stamps health care if you are born in the us you don't have a chance if you need help all the money is gone to forenneers that don't pay taxes then they complain when they caqn't file taxes there boss hasn't paid them he pocketed the money so you tell me what is scarry about foreiners
our county was build on shristanity now we can't even say a paryer at a sports game last christmas i told a freind i was going to church on christmas eve to worship god i got a three day suspension for saying the word god at work what is wrong with forieners you tell me

QuickStitch 03-20-2010 04:09 PM

ROFLOL-Too funny. You have the best jokes.

stitchesnstaples 03-20-2010 04:09 PM

LOL funny.

Quilter2B 03-20-2010 08:48 PM

You'd probably vacate 60% of the state of Arizona with that one! Love it. When I saw it was you posting, I knew it had to good!

JoanneS 03-20-2010 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by granny_59
Hi Karen

I figured out what PC means but dont have the slidest idea what "pet peeve" means. I am a foreigner and english is not my mothertongue.
Sorry for being boring but I dont consider myself as PC. I think it is in the human nature to make jokes about everything that scares or is hard to deal with. A couple of days ago there was a joke about dementia and I loved it. My mother died two years ago after suffering from Alzheimer for several years.

I just dont see the point what is so unbearable or scary about foreign human beings that you have to make jokes like that.

If you had to sit with your 90 year old mother in an ER in Tucson for 5 hours while people with less-than-emergency problems were taken ahead of you, you'd understand why we laugh at this joke. We're laughing because it would probably work, and it's BETTER THAN CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom was in pain, but in the ER in southern Arizona you 'take a number and wait' unless you're bleeding, have a bone sticking out or obviously having a heart attack - even if you're brought in an ambulance.

This happened with my Mom's pain from shingles over and over until she finally broke out in the shingles rash and could be diagnosed.

Frankly, I'm in favor of straightening out our immigration problem and our health insurance problems so NO ONE has to go to ERs for routine medical care. Unfortunately, that's what happens - and not just in the states that border Mexico.

cmapco837 03-21-2010 07:12 AM

That is just to cute

butterflywing 03-21-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Originally Posted by granny_59
Hi Karen

If you had to sit with your 90 year old mother in an ER in Tucson for 5 hours while people with less-than-emergency problems were taken ahead of you, you'd understand why we laugh at this joke. We're laughing because it would probably work, and it's BETTER THAN CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom was in pain, but in the ER in southern Arizona you 'take a number and wait' unless you're bleeding, have a bone sticking out or obviously having a heart attack - even if you're brought in an ambulance.

This happened with my Mom's pain from shingles over and over until she finally broke out in the shingles rash and could be diagnosed.

Frankly, I'm in favor of straightening out our immigration problem and our health insurance problems so NO ONE has to go to ERs for routine medical care. Unfortunately, that's what happens - and not just in the states that border Mexico.

i agree - there are illegals here not only from mexico but from all of our borders. along both coastlines there are port cities and along the northern border people cross over from canada. and i don't mean canadiens. it makes me sick to think of the money wasted trying to track down illegals working here and paying taxes who we'll never find. if people have jobs, pay taxes, SPEAK ENGLISH, don't have police records and have managed to hide here for 5 years, let them take the damn test. and then let them pay for their own medical like i do. their children are americans anyway, and will come back as soon as they're grown, so who're we kidding? we have "upstanding citizens' who can't read, are in and out of prison, won't work, and are a complete drain on my money. they get drunk and drive and their kids learn the same behaviour. keep out any more illegals and go after the ones that try to beat the system. but don't push out the ones that help keep the economy going. a lot of those people are doing jobs that no one else wants to do, and if they all vanished you'd see an awful lot of businesses go straight down the tubes, taking a lot of jobs with them.

whew! too liberal for some. not liberal enough for others. can't be all things to all people. rant over!