Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t222665.html)

newdoda 06-05-2013 06:26 AM

YAY! Congrats Beachbound! Way. to. go.!

Beachbound 06-05-2013 12:29 PM

thanks! I got in an hour & 45 minutes pool time today followed by a small dish of ice cream :o Shape mag says if you need to go off your plan make sure you do it early in the day, before 2 at least.....this was even before noon so I should be okay, right? Okay, I'll have a light dinner to make up for it. Lunch was a salad but with ranch.

meanmom 06-06-2013 03:53 AM

Congratulations Beachbound. Great loss.
I have been vacationing in Hilton Head all week. While I have been doing watr aerobics every morning and going for long walks on the beach every day with my DD I am sure the scale will be awful. My SIL has awful eating habits and I am following right with her. We have been out several times and ate many bad things. We are also having several things from the beach bar every day.The weather is supposed to be pretty bad today so I guess we will have to go to the outlet malls all day. I will have to hit the gym when we get home.

QuilterMomma 06-06-2013 10:03 AM

Got on the scale this am since Sunday, and I lost one pound. Yep, that means somewhere around the world someone found it, I hope, because I don't want to find it.

Pam H 06-06-2013 01:18 PM

My sister just left. She was such a good influence on me. We ate healthy meals and exercised this week. I lost 3 lbs while she was here. Now, to keep it off and lose even more. Yesterday we helped my daughter paint a bedroom. I am here to say that painting is an aerobic workout! Using that paint roller really got my heart going not to mention all the up/down and stretching I did.
For lunch today I made salmon and salad. The salad was similar to the strawberry salad at Panera. I used mixed lettuce, sliced strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and walnuts. I found a poppy seed dressing that was very good. Put all the ingredients into a jar with lid or shaker and shake until mixed well.

• 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil)

Beachbound 06-06-2013 02:35 PM

Pam, that sounds good! Thanks for sharing. Last night for dessert I had a small fat free yogurt with a handful of blueberries & raspberries & granola sprinkled on top. Depending on how much granola you use it's a low cal treat that I would take over almost anything (right now ;) ) and *shock* completely healthy!!!

Teddybear Lady 06-06-2013 08:37 PM

At my weigh in today I was down 1.8 lbs. I was down .2 on Monday. My total for the week is 2 lbs. I'm glad I'm finally losing again. I seem to hit a plateau often, but eventually lose. I'm still on my eating plan, just moving things around to get out of a rut. My total now since Jan. 1st 2013 is 35.6 lbs. Still have a long ways to go, but I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement. We can do this!

Pam H 06-06-2013 09:11 PM

TBLady, that is great! You are averaging about 7 lbs a month. Perfect! If I would lose 35 lbs I would be at my goal. Someday I will figure out how to stick with it.

CindyA 06-07-2013 02:38 AM

Well . . I should be checking in here more often. I still haven't done any weight lifting or aerobic activity this week. I did go to yoga and that was awesome. I've been doing ok with food - always room for improvement of course.

Congrats Dody, nicely done!

I'm working on the Dear Jane thread. I've also pulled out an old hand piecing project, a pink and white Drunkard's Path. All the little curved squares are sewn and now I'm making the blocks (16 of the small units together). At least I'm done with all those curves. :)

QuilterMomma 06-07-2013 09:06 AM

Ladies, there is a post for a "Calorie Funky Hankie" it is so cute. The 39th post wins. It is on the home page. I just posted. Sorry i did not attach a link.