Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

janice4 06-01-2011 01:05 PM

so will we get reminders and such along the way?

quilthappygail 06-01-2011 01:24 PM

You are all so motivated thats great. MJ I will try the journal thing but not saying I won't miss a day here and there. I like the 5 # challenge it's just the thing to keep me on track. Welcome to all the new members.

I only lost 3 pounds last month I would love to double that. But I will take any loss and be happy. Went for a 2.5 mi walk this morning and have just over 6000 steps in already today. Just don't seem to be able to do the workout tapes because of my back problems so walking is the best for me. I will just try to increase the distance.
Breakfast was a 4oz cup juice, small bowl cereal and 1 cup 1% milk and black coffee. Lunch 1/2 sandwich and 1 cup pineapple. Dinner tuna salad with lots of veggies and lite dressing. Lots of water all day.
Two to three pounds a week is not to much to lose and stay healthy as long as you eat a balanced diet.
Great success to all
Gail

createfourpaws 06-01-2011 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Hi Missy haven't seen you on here. Are you doing ok now? Have your nerves settled down? I also would like to know how many signed up this month. Mary

Everyone who has signed up has posted on the thread, remember this is just June 1. We usually have stragglers, especially since I have not closed the other thread yet.

Would anyone like to list or count the participants for us?

Ok if i have gotten everyone we have 51 and they are as follows so if I left you out I am sorry.

1. Purplemem
2. Thusnelda
3. Little roO
4. JHolm
5. Nancia
6. gothchacovered
7. deedum
8. deedee75
9. Ljs317
10. dash2000lbs
11. Trkrsyf
12. NannySandy
13. Irish Rose
14. Red Kimba
15.Rita's mom
16. Radiana
17. Scrapngmom
18.Lauriejo
19.Kdaduzy
20.Leann
21.Xilie55
22.createfourpaws
23. Dananva
24. Missy
25. sewNso
26. pinebettquilter
27. pinsninks
28. quilt happy gail
29.bprayeredup
30.cheri62
31. globug
32. thomp116
33. lawsonmugs
34. PamH
35. pnptrapp
36. 76& counting
37. Janice4
38. prairier quilter
39. cricut_farmer
40. mean mom
41. jgriinke
42. physcomomquilter
43. swcrazzy
44. wmuteach
45. LindaG
46. gramabiese
47. pamibear
48. sophie2
49. quiltin'gran
50. buttermilkmama
51. Crafty Chick

Again if I left you I am sorry.

Good Luck Ladies.
Cindy

Kkimberlee 06-01-2011 01:38 PM

Got my weigh in post up on my blog. I am actually starting this month up a pond from last month, due mostly to b-day cake and ice cream. Ah well... renewing my weight loss vows. I would much rather be sewing than worrying about my weight/excercising though.

Radiana 06-01-2011 01:49 PM

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE food. It makes up for the hugs and kisses I never get, not to mention kind encouraging words I don't hear. Food is my comfort. So how do I lose weight? I've been thinking long and hard about this.

I'm going to make this challenge more of a celebration and enjoy every morsel of food that I eat. I've made a mental list of all my favorite foods that will not mess me up. I love artichoke omelets just as much as I love lemon meringue pie. I love egg fu young just as much as fried rice. I won't deny that I have a sweet tooth but that's why I have a good supply of bananas on hand and I'm going to eat two small ones a day. I also keep a container of chocolate frosting in the fridge it's 70 calories for a tablespoon but it hits the spot and sometimes I just have to have it.

I'm going to be as realistic as I can and not try to sabotage this from the beginning so I'm going to allow myself at least 2600 calories a day to begin with, at my weight I'm sure I'll still lose.

Drinking the 8 glasss of water is going to help me the most, I drank two glasses before breakfast and could only eat half. I also notice that food tastes much better when you drink the water.

As far as excercise goes I'll get out my chair dancing cd in the future but I'd like to lose 20 pounds before then.

I'm wishing everyone here all the luck in the world, and I'm here to cheer you on. God bless.

linz83 06-01-2011 02:23 PM

Sorry I didnt say earlier but . .
I am in too!

call me #52 :thumbup:

Kieta 06-01-2011 02:58 PM

guess i'm a straggler too. this is the first time i've joined the group. i plan to journal my intake and seriously try to walk everyday.
good luck everyone.

MissyGirl 06-01-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE food. It makes up for the hugs and kisses I never get, not to mention kind encouraging words I don't hear. Food is my comfort. So how do I lose weight? I've been thinking long and hard about this.

I'm going to make this challenge more of a celebration and enjoy every morsel of food that I eat. I've made a mental list of all my favorite foods that will not mess me up. I love artichoke omelets just as much as I love lemon meringue pie. I love egg fu young just as much as fried rice. I won't deny that I have a sweet tooth but that's why I have a good supply of bananas on hand and I'm going to eat two small ones a day. I also keep a container of chocolate frosting in the fridge it's 70 calories for a tablespoon but it hits the spot and sometimes I just have to have it.

I'm going to be as realistic as I can and not try to sabotage this from the beginning so I'm going to allow myself at least 2600 calories a day to begin with, at my weight I'm sure I'll still lose.

Drinking the 8 glasss of water is going to help me the most, I drank two glasses before breakfast and could only eat half. I also notice that food tastes much better when you drink the water.

As far as excercise goes I'll get out my chair dancing cd in the future but I'd like to lose 20 pounds before then.

I'm wishing everyone here all the luck in the world, and I'm here to cheer you on. God bless.

Radiana...

It sounds like you have a plan for yourself. I started my journey over a year ago and have lost 88.5 pounds. I had the lap band surgery done last Thursday. I need to lose around 250 more pounds. It has been a long journey for me and dream come true for me to have this surgery. :)

I am so very thankful for all of those that have been on this journey with me. We are a tight cohesive group and I hope you find it the same for you!

Missy

gramabiese 06-01-2011 03:12 PM

I feel your pain, everyone tells me, ohyou look so good. Well I don't feel so good and getting type 2 diabetes is the pits for sure. I did go to Weight Watchers for years,a but they pushed fresh fruits and there are so many that are high in natural sugar and the diaticians tell you to stay away from. I have not found a diabetic diet that is practical yet. I live on a dairy farm, and it is hard to diet. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm so open to just about anything.

I wish you only the best with what you are going through. And you are in my prayers for a good and healthy weight loss.

Hugs!!

Originally Posted by Radiana

Jennifer22206 06-01-2011 03:14 PM

I'm in this one too please. I've been quiet the last month, but I've still been losing slowly.