Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t126896.html)

quilthappygail 06-23-2011 01:30 PM

Hi alll
Well the dr appt. went well got the pat on the back and keep it up talk so all is well. HD also came through with the green light. So ever onward and downward on the scales. I am now at a 7# lost this month so far just need to keep it up. Had a chicken salad at Wendy's today ate only half so have that for dinner along with some other little thing.
MJ I have't used the journal thing but I do think about your topics and reflect on them and that seems to help. Thanks for all you do I know it takes time from your day to keep us all motivated. I might check out the my diary site sounds interesting.
It's hot and windy today so it's a good thing I got our walk in early today I will try for another this evening just before dark. Been doing just shy of 10,000 steps with the exception of yesterday of course for the past week so trying to keep that up as well as drink the water.
Sorry for the rambling. You all have a successful day. I AM LOSING!!!
Gail

Leann 06-23-2011 01:56 PM

Hi Everyone!

My eating is on track. I got caught in the rain during my walk. Something I did not mind, except had I known, I would not have worn my new shoes.

I'm thinking I'll get lots of opportunity to sew after I get my knee injections tomorrow. I had to be immobile for a couple of days the last time. My goal is to have the top finished this month.

Gonna call my GD later. Hope she will talk to me on the phone. She turns 5 today. Would love to see my family.

Hugs.

nancia 06-23-2011 02:24 PM

it seems i am not the only one who finds the journal subjects thought provoking. i write them down and think about them. anger is something i'm not comfortable dealing with. the every day annoyances i can flare about, tell the story a couple times and then drop. but the big ones, my mother and my husband, those i prefer to not touch! those will take a controlled environment, a trusted confidante, and skilled assistance. nothing i can or will do on my own. i don't eat as punishment, literally. when i'm angry my throat closes and i can't swallow, my stomach roils and food looks disgusting. just another eating disorder. we were never allowed to leave food on the plate due to other children in the world starving. so my response is/was to reclaim control by not eating. most of the time, like now, i can deal with it and eat by choice. surely i'm not the only one who has issues? typing these entries makes me look at it in reality, and face it in front of others. and i'm surprised by some of the insight i get. it's not easy or fun to admit to others that i'm a mess but i can feel it helping me understand what i've been doing and recognizing why or what it is. so thanks for allowing me to do this.

MissyGirl 06-23-2011 03:00 PM

Howdy everyone!!! I weighed in this week with a lost of 17 more pounds! That makes a total loss of 100 pounds! BUT BUT BUT! I was talking to the nurse at the psych clinic I go to everyday and she said based on their oldest record of me that I was at least 500-550 pounds. The scaled on went to 500 and the psychiatrist noted I was probably close to 550. SOOOO that means I probably have lost around 160 pounds! I first weighed in at my regular dr at 480. A BIG WOWSER is what I think about all that!! There are so many NSVs (non scale victories) that I am having every day now.

This week I bought a pair of shorts and a shirt at Wally World that was a size 4x and all the way to the check-out I told Cathie that it was a waste of money because there was NO WAY I could wear it. Well we bought it anyway and she told me it would be a great incentive to have it.

Well we got home and I snuck away to try it on alone. OMG!!! IT FREAKING FIT ME!!! I could not believe it. I am going to go back on the first and buy another set in a different color. WOW!!!

What a great week.

Monday I go in to see the surgeon to get my first fill on my band. Should be interesting to go back to liquids for a day or so. I am told the fill won't hurt so we shall see. My port is just under my right breast and is all healed now. Interesting though that it feels like a quarter just under my skin. I am not nervous about it but more curious.

I hope all is doing well and thinking about you guys every day!! Like many others right now I am not getting notified about new posts. UGH I so hate that. Take care gals!!!

Missy

createfourpaws 06-23-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Howdy everyone!!! I weighed in this week with a lost of 17 more pounds! That makes a total loss of 100 pounds! BUT BUT BUT! I was talking to the nurse at the psych clinic I go to everyday and she said based on their oldest record of me that I was at least 500-550 pounds. The scaled on went to 500 and the psychiatrist noted I was probably close to 550. SOOOO that means I probably have lost around 160 pounds! I first weighed in at my regular dr at 480. A BIG WOWSER is what I think about all that!! There are so many NSVs (non scale victories) that I am having every day now.

This week I bought a pair of shorts and a shirt at Wally World that was a size 4x and all the way to the check-out I told Cathie that it was a waste of money because there was NO WAY I could wear it. Well we bought it anyway and she told me it would be a great incentive to have it.

Well we got home and I snuck away to try it on alone. OMG!!! IT FREAKING FIT ME!!! I could not believe it. I am going to go back on the first and buy another set in a different color. WOW!!!

What a great week.

Monday I go in to see the surgeon to get my first fill on my band. Should be interesting to go back to liquids for a day or so. I am told the fill won't hurt so we shall see. My port is just under my right breast and is all healed now. Interesting though that it feels like a quarter just under my skin. I am not nervous about it but more curious.

I hope all is doing well and thinking about you guys every day!! Like many others right now I am not getting notified about new posts. UGH I so hate that. Take care gals!!!

Missy

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS on your continued victories. Keep up the great work.

Cindy

MissyGirl 06-23-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

What a great week.

Missy

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS on your continued victories. Keep up the great work.

Cindy

Oh thank you so much Cindy!!!

Missy

Rita's mom 06-23-2011 04:05 PM

Congrats Missy! I am so glad everything is going so well! Happy!Happy! Happy!!!

Does anyone on here run out of ideas as to what to eat? I know that sounds dumb but I have been eating the same few things over and over. They are getting a little old.LOL but I almost worry when I add something new that it has to many calories or I won't keep losing if I eat it. Anyone want to share some of there yummy but low cal ideas?

createfourpaws 06-23-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom

Does anyone on here run out of ideas as to what to eat? I know that sounds dumb but I have been eating the same few things over and over. They are getting a little old.LOL but I almost worry when I add something new that it has to many calories or I won't keep losing if I eat it. Anyone want to share some of there yummy but low cal ideas?

I make a mexican shrimp cocktail that is like a cold soup, great on these hot days.

When I make something I rarely measure it is always to taste. Here are the ingredients:

Salad Shrimp (I get a bag at sams)
avocado - diced (2-3)
roma tomatoes (about 6) de-seeded and chopped
1 lg onion chopped
cilantro
seranno pepper chopped (remove seeds if not want too hot)
garlic - 2-3 cloves chopped
juice from 2 limes
1 24 oz bottle of ketchup, empty into large bowl and fill with water twice

mix together and chill,

and then enjoy

Hope you enjoy this
Cindy

MissyGirl 06-23-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom

Have you read any of the Eat This! Not That! books? They have a zillion ideas of making the great food we can't or shouldn't have perfect for us. Excellent source of ideas.

Missy

Pam 304 06-23-2011 05:39 PM

This is a snack the Special K Cracker Chips... I Love them the whole box is only 3.5 points on WW. I think! If you do WW check it out first.

Pam