Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just one bite. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-one-bite-t221678.html)

Painiacs 05-17-2013 04:00 PM

Sushi sushi actually means wrapped in rice. sashimi is raw fish. I actually had inarisushi rice in bean curd pockets- sounds awful but is slightly sweet! And tuna maki. the seaweed with tice, raw tuna and asparagus. yummy!!!! My bestie gf treated and we watched last big band of season!!

LUANNH 05-17-2013 04:25 PM

Mushrooms, gag gag, They taste like dirty rubber bands to me and I've tried them a number of times NO MORE LOL yet DD loves them.

plainpat 05-17-2013 04:30 PM

Both of our daughters eat a lot of food I won't touch.
No shrimp,sushi,crawfish,brains,scrapple,chicken gizzards,pig feet,or baked fish for me.

On the other hand,never had a veggie I didn't like,same with beans & fruit.Just not a big meat eater.
A veggie plate,& salad suits me.

nancyw 05-18-2013 04:15 AM

I learned to eat sushi and sashimi in Japan. When I was pregnant (in Japan) my husband used to go to the store and buy me a tray of tuna sashimi and I would eat it all. I love tuna sushi or sashimi and i will eat shrimp sushi, egg ( tamago) sushi and octopus sushi.. I also like the rolls with cucumber wrapped in rice wrapped in seaweed. Oh, and also the tuna rolls.

y.morman 05-18-2013 04:55 AM

Ok... So I'm allergic to all fish because of the oil sooo I guess I will never have to worry about eating sushi. But please don't ask me to eat liver. I have tired it but really don not like the texture, smell or taste.

julie 05-18-2013 05:48 AM

broccoli, mushrooms, yuk! But my 2 oldest boys like them!

jitkaau 05-18-2013 06:12 AM

I love everything but have an intolerance for apples. I really like the taste of apples as well- miss them sometimes. Liver is one of my favourites, plus sushi and bean curd. I can take or leave frog's legs but they are not yukky. Makes me want to do more travel and tasting...

jbj137 05-18-2013 07:04 AM

Tilapia - can't stomach it since I learned it is used on Fish Farms
to clean (eat) the poop the other fish leave behind, then
(when they are large enough) it is sold as food for public consumption.

Saw this on "Dirt Jobs".

Angellight 05-18-2013 07:04 AM

Wow, when we were kids, we had the rule if you took it you ate it. My parents were midwesterners' & did not like fish or seafood. All 3 of us kids liked it. I was the only one who loved liver and still do.We were brought up with very few dislikes, and were pretty much not allowed to not like whatever was cooked for us. As an adult with kids, I told them if you did not like it, there was peanut butter in the cabinet. I married a man with a different upbringing, and there is probabaly not a "game meat" he hasn't eaten. In 34 years of marriage, I can only think of once that he had a negative comment about a meal, and I didn't care for it either. That being said, his father & he fixed scrambeld eggs with herring roe in it one time when we were visiting. I love eggs, but WILL NOT EVER eat that again.

tessagin 05-18-2013 07:53 AM

My mother used to make salmon patties (croquettes to some). She would dump the whole can bones skin and all. I hated the smell and she made big ones. Growing up in a Catholic family this was weekly during Lent every Friday. One year I wised up and said I was cutting out desserts and only eating a half portion and no breads. I would split the pattie with my younger sister who couldn't stand them either. My brother (who hated peas) would go through a whole meal with the peas stuffed in the side of his mouth. He could do the same with the salmon as long as Mom never served up peas with it. Later after having my sons, Mom fixed salmon patties when I was working. Those boys loved her salmon patties. My boys always begged for salmon patties at grandma's. I refused to fix them til they got older and could be by themselves. That was the only time I would fix them something I wouldn't eat. They don'tlike peas or tomatoes or peaches but they'll eat crappie salmon. Ughhh! Gaggggg!