Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio Tornado (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kentucky-indiana-ohio-tornado-t181417.html)

EllieGirl 03-02-2012 06:26 PM

I live in Louisville. Just across the Ohio River, about 15 miles north of us, two towns were completely leveled. At this time between Kentucky and Indiana, 15 people are dead. A mother and two babies are among the dead. The tornado was 1/2 mile wide. The storms were north of us, and just south of us, about 10 miles. We were very fortunate.

seam-ripper-sue 03-02-2012 06:46 PM

I live about one hour south of Lexington KY, in Laurel county, and a tornado touched down just a little north of us, in East Bernast. No word of how much damage yet. We took shelter in a neighbors' basement. No damage in our neighborhood.

Sheila_H 03-02-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by seam-ripper-sue (Post 5026341)
I live about one hour south of Lexington KY, in Laurel county, and a tornado touched down just a little north of us, in East Bernast. No word of how much damage yet. We took shelter in a neighbors' basement. No damage in our neighborhood.

Wow so glad to hear your okay I know earlier this evening on CNN they were talking about a possible F5 in one area. It is the only thing I don't miss about living in OK. Our thoughts and prayer's go out to everyone in those areas tonight, I truly hope most folks were able to take shelter in time.

cinnya 03-02-2012 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H (Post 5026143)
Unfortunately when you live in those states along with OK you know spring as the start of tornado season. I survived through 4 major tornado's in OKC including the F5 that took out Stroud. I saw all the devastation on CNN earlier I pray for all those families, I know the terror that fluids you when those siren's go off.

We haven't had any real severe tornado outbreak in Oklahoma this year.it hasn't hardly rained where we live.
at work today we were wondering if Tornado ally moved to the east .
the people who are in the path of those storms are in my thoughts and prayers.

jaciqltznok 03-02-2012 07:06 PM

what about those in Alabama??? such devastation...praying all are well!

burchquilts 03-02-2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H (Post 5026143)
Unfortunately when you live in those states along with OK you know spring as the start of tornado season. I survived through 4 major tornado's in OKC including the F5 that took out Stroud. I saw all the devastation on CNN earlier I pray for all those families, I know the terror that fluids you when those siren's go off.

I'm originally from KS (& also lived in OK for several) years & to this day, the thought of tornadoes makes me shudder. I'm sending nothing but good thoughts to all the folks under severe weather tonight. Boy... it sure seems to be starting early this year!

elseebee 03-03-2012 07:11 AM

We had a rough night in western NC last night, but damage doesn't seem too bad. Now we have snow scheduled to fall on all our spring flowers that are in bloom!

NancyBelly 03-03-2012 12:48 PM

We lost three people in my area....it was a rough ride yesterday.

raptureready 03-03-2012 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 5026016)
Anyone near Campbellsburg or Seymour, Indiana??! Got family that way that I can't reach

Contact the Red Cross, they'll find them for you.

ChrisB 03-03-2012 06:57 PM

Prayers go out to all who have had to deal with an impact from these storms. So much destruction and lives lost. So terrible.