Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   LADIES! WARNING!! hide your purse.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ladies-warning-hide-your-purse-t137066.html)

alikat110 07-12-2011 10:22 AM

So scarry

jmabby 07-12-2011 10:38 AM

Someone went into my garage a while back, got a few CDs and that is about it. I don't even keep my garage door opener in the car. My kitchen door was open, but they did not come in, that would have been really scary. Glad to hear you and your family are ok.

dannypanny 07-12-2011 10:40 AM

it is scary when something like that happens. My daughter had her car stolen outside our gate just in a matter of minutes.
She was also hi-jacked whilst waiting for the robot to turn green.... They broke her front window, and she had the quick sense to just accelerate and move away. Her toddler was in the back and she was pregnant....
I had all my grocery stolen from my car just before Easter, whilst I was about 10 metres away watching hockey and looking at the car everynow and then.....they broke the front door lock,(the side I could not see!!) got through the back door, and then into the boot... No fingerprints.....
Feel lucky as at least my car was still there..
My friend and her husband had pistols pointing at them in their room... the burglars fired a shot, fortunately it missed both of them...
So I can really understand what you are going through. You feel violated....
Take care and do not let them make you a victim!!!! ciao

Izaquilter 07-12-2011 10:44 AM

I just don't understand the mind of a thief. That & computer hackers. Why WHY WHY do something like this? Here is this wonderful world that will offer you almost anything if you apply yourself. Just don't get it

GGinMcKinney 07-12-2011 10:55 AM

We changed home ins. New co told us about the garage door coat hangar trick. We were told to take the rope off so the trick won't work. We were told of latches similar to hinges to install on every door. You vary the location so if they break glass, reach in to unlock door, they won't find the latch/hinge. Door will not open even if it is unlocked. We put them on all 3 entry doors-yes, even to the garage. We were told not to use the tiny screws included, but use long screws.
So sorry this happened to you. Very scary. We lock our bedroom door at night to hopefully slow someone down if they try to come after us in our sleep. No dogs at this time.

BellaBoo 07-12-2011 11:09 AM

Our security system will go off if entry by door, window, roof, or garage unless the code is used. We don't have any stickers or signs saying the system we have is installed. We use the stickers from a security system we don't have.

jo_bunch 07-12-2011 11:18 AM

That's awful!!! Do you have a dog? (Just curious 'cuz a cop once told me that while a dog may not stop some burglars, if you got some "crackhead" looking to get in & out quickly, they won't mess with a house that has a dog)

Painiacs 07-12-2011 11:23 AM

So sad! Hope the find the jerks! Happening more and more with economy bad!!

New Quilter 07-12-2011 11:28 AM

I do as my Mom always didand still does with her purse...every night, it goes under the head of my bed on my side...in order to get it, they'd have to go through me...I am over 200 lbs, and really not a happy camper if someone woke me up...lol
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi

NCquilter 07-12-2011 12:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that. That is so scary that they probably live in the neighborhood. It's scary enough to be robbed, but to know they may live near by is even worse. I hope everything gets better for you soon.