Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The literal mind struck again - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/literal-mind-struck-again-t206028.html)

bearisgray 11-14-2012 09:25 PM

The literal mind struck again -

DH was reading the directions for his medication -

"Take one tablet twice a day" -

He said - "How can I take the same tablet twice?"

Favorite Fabrics 11-14-2012 09:28 PM

You two must have some interesting conversations!!

Jingle 11-15-2012 06:49 AM

Conversations do get interesting as a marriage gets to 50 and plus. Especially when the Husband doesn't hear well and won't get his hearing checked or get aids. Ask me how I know.

bearisgray 11-15-2012 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5658388)
Conversations do get interesting as a marriage gets to 50 and plus. Especially when the Husband doesn't hear well and won't get his hearing checked or get aids. Ask me how I know.

Mine can hear me mumble to myself when my head is in the refrigerator when the TV is on LOUD. And he goes "what? what?" But I almost always have to repeat things when I'm trying to talk to him.

I do love DH dearly - but I really don't enjoy having him read the grocery ads to me!

JudyTheSewer 11-15-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5657736)

What a brilliant mind! That IS a confusing sentence and I'm glad he pointed it out. Thanks for sharing!

roguequilter 11-15-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5658502)
Mine can hear me mumble to myself when my head is in the refrigerator when the TV is on LOUD. And he goes "what? what?" But I almost always have to repeat things when I'm trying to talk to him.

I do love DH dearly - but I really don't enjoy having him read the grocery ads to me!

omg! we all married the same guy!

Ellen 11-15-2012 10:11 AM

My DH falls asleep watching tv which is loud enough to entertain the neighbors then goes to bed...only to come back out to the FL room (only tv in the house) to ask me if I'll turn it down (I already had). It just defies logic. lol

sewnsewer2 11-15-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5657736)

LOL, he has a good excuse...he's a man! Thanks for the chuckle.

carolynjo 11-16-2012 04:54 AM

Oh, I so agree!

Iraxy 11-16-2012 05:55 AM

My DH had turned the volume up to 56 on the remote and still had trouble hearing it. I could hear it loud and clear in my sewing room across the house. I got a cheap otoscope from Walmart and looked in his ears to see that they were full of wax. Hard dry stuff. I purchased an ear wax removal kit and cleaned his ears out. It took lots of warm water and squishing of that bulb but it came out in clumps and finally I could see his ear drum. Took two days too since he got whiney about getting wet! Lo and behold, his hearing improved incredibly! Later that week, I cranked up the television volume to 56 and asked him what he thought. He was astonished to find that his hearing had been so impaired. He hears normally now and we don't have to entertain the neighbors. Moral of this story is: Do not use q tips to clean your ears. It only pushes the wax up against your ear drum and makes it impossible for the little hairs to shove the wax out once it has dried up. Instead, when you shampoo, let some of the shampoo get in your ear and rinse it out in the shower spray. A little alcohol afterwards will dry it out.