Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Long Legs - anyone else?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/long-legs-anyone-else-t228639.html)

gramajo 08-24-2013 07:52 AM

My husband and daughter both had/have long torsos and short legs. EVERYTHING had to be shortened. Her sleeves have to be shortened also.

bearisgray 08-24-2013 01:05 PM

Have you considered making your own slacks?

If you have a pair that fits from the waist through the crotch, you could make a pattern off them (or get someone to do it) It might be worth the expense to have a tailor make a pair and get the pattern from him/her.

Neesie 08-24-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 6252651)
I'm with you,. I am not tall but I have a short torso and my legs are really long. I also have thick thighs and a butt making it hard to find jeans with enough length that can fit me in the thigh/butt region without being too big for me waist . I cry everytime I go jeans shopping because they just don't make pants for my shape. Very frustrating!!!

I used to have a similar problem (small waist, in relation to my butt) and found that going down a size but choosing a "relaxed" or "baggy" cut fit better. If you find a pair that "almost" fits, you can always add a bit of elastic, to the back of the waistband.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-24-2013 02:58 PM

JC Penney has become a real disappointment in the selection of talls for both men and women. Every time I have to buy anything for my daughter it's a chore.

Who would've thought I'd be so grateful to be an height semi dumpy woman?

maryb119 08-24-2013 03:37 PM

I am the opposite. I am 5 feet tall so I can't find anything short enough. I can wear petite pants and shorten them myself but I need regular tops because I am long waisted. I feel your pain....

patski 08-24-2013 03:51 PM

Okay, I'm jealous! I'm 5' and have to shorten even the "petite" pants, they are now for 5'4" and shorter!

michelleoc 08-24-2013 05:14 PM

I'm afraid I don't have any pertinent information for you, but wanted to share my issues with finding pants for my 17-year-old son. 6'2" and 119#. He needs a 28 inch waist (which still sits on his hips) but something like a 35 length. Thank goodness we live in California, I told him that he could continue to wear shorts until November or so (even his shorts are too short!). I sent my husband to the computer to do research. He came back a couple of hours later and said he found a place where we could order pants...Zimbabwe! I just started laughing then realized he was serious! 45.00 for the pants and 45.00 for shipping...I don't think so! I told him we'll just go back to the 60's and I'll sew fabric to the bottom of his jeans!

nanacc 08-24-2013 05:23 PM

I agree with Gramajo.............I have the opposite problem with length, but the same with waist. I am very short legged, but Sag Harbor petites work well for me. Maybe they have the tall sizes you are looking for. Oh, my dress pants actually come to natural waist!

nanacc 08-24-2013 05:25 PM

Forgot! Have you tried Ann Taylor? My petites from there have to be shortened about 4 inches. Perhaps theirs run long.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-24-2013 06:18 PM

When I worked professionally, I went to Dillard's who had tall slacks that always looked great at work. I have long legs, five foot eight and half, slim until I started gaining weight carrying our three children...then almost doubled my weight. Every time I lost a bit of weight, my slacks would get longer on my legs!! They sell on line and have good sales. I usually bought when they were on sale.