Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   look at what my cat did (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/look-what-my-cat-did-t182839.html)

roadrunr 03-14-2012 06:08 PM

look at what my cat did

3 Attachment(s)
My sister bought some catnip the other day and put it on the dinning room table. When I came home from a bike ride, I saw a plastic container on the floor, so piked it up and noticed that it was a container of catnip and my cat was trying to get it open, I saw the plastic bag later. This is what he did to the container and bag:

Lois-nounoe 03-14-2012 06:41 PM

One of my three cats will do that to the Friskies treat containers! If he can get to them he will pull the lid off and eat whats left. He even jumps onto the chest of drawers to get them if I forget to put them on top of the entertainment center where he can't reach. And they call THEM dumb animals! LOL

nativetexan 03-14-2012 06:51 PM

it seems you took too long on that bike ride!!!

sewnsewer2 03-14-2012 07:05 PM

Well... you know it makes cats crazy :thumbup: Bet he had a good time trying to get it out. Mine love that stuff!:D

amyjo 03-14-2012 08:08 PM

I still laugh at my DH when he forgot to put the banana bread into the bread box while I was gone working for 2 days. My dog got it off the table and ate over 1/2 of it and then he had to save it to show me??? Why didn't you just give her the rest of it too then?

Painiacs 03-14-2012 09:41 PM

Good thing it was cat proof!!

Prism99 03-14-2012 10:18 PM

My cat did that once to the lid of our whipped butter container. She was trying to get the lid off! Tooth holes all over it. However, she failed, and apparently that taught her it wasn't worth the effort to try again. :D

Jingle 03-15-2012 05:43 PM

Maybe your cat can read and knew it was catnip. I never buy it for mine. Had a cat years ago that liked powered donuts and another that liked pumpkin pie. I have one now that use to eat biscuits through the baggie.

bnlmom 03-15-2012 06:18 PM

We had a cat that bit holes through a Rubbermaid container that had catnip in it(and that's some tough plastic!)
Speaking of kitties with a sweet-tooth-one of ours took a bite out of each of a dozen donuts and my husband had one that ate an angel food cake through the package!

charity-crafter 03-15-2012 06:22 PM

My cat actually jumped on the island and pulled the drawer open and dug out the bag I had just bought at the bulk store. I guess it was super fresh or something. We came downstairs the next morning to find cat nip all over the kitchen, he was in a drugged haze, all comfy laying and rolling around his cat nip all over the kitchen floor. Fortunately I had swept and mopped the night before so I just swept it all back up and stuck it in a sturdy freezer bag.