Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Looking for padding to put underneath wading pool on patio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/looking-padding-put-underneath-wading-pool-patio-t245036.html)

Stitchnripper 04-12-2014 12:08 PM

Looking for padding to put underneath wading pool on patio

This may be the strangest request yet, but I have been googling and shopping to find a mat or sections that interlock, in addition to those kids puzzle pieces, that can accommodate a 10 foot round wading pool that we are going to put on the patio (Mr. Stitchnripper is attached to what he calls "grass" even though we have a big yard and place to put the pool on it). So it will go on the patio. My friend had hers on her patio and it is very hard to walk on or to sit on. We have been looking around for something. Have been to pool stores, have been to Lowe's, and have googled. It could be for a garage floor, gym, etc. but can't find the right sizes. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

QuiltE 04-12-2014 12:30 PM

You could always create a beach ... and put sand on top of the patio ... then the pool on top of that!

Stitchnripper 04-12-2014 12:34 PM

That is a possibility - but it will be right outside the door and I think we would end up tracking it in.

quiltingcandy 04-12-2014 12:50 PM

What about those pieces they put down on concrete in garages? I have no idea what they call them, but i believe Home Deport and Lowes sells them. If you want to have a tarp, them check for tarps that go under tents.

Tartan 04-12-2014 01:16 PM

​How about the 2X2 foot foam squares that fit together like puzzle pieces from Walmart? There is foam under carpet stuff that might work.

Prism99 04-12-2014 02:21 PM

We got rubber-like interlocking tiles for our exercise room at a relatively inexpensive price from 2nd Wind Exercise. Try calling around to stores that sell new exercise equipment. These work great in our exercise room -- lots of padding and they wear very well. They were much more expensive at other places we checked; not sure why.

Ditter43 04-12-2014 04:29 PM

Many places that sell carpet have carpet they have removed from homes. It ends up in their dumpster.You'll have to get permission as some places are afraid of the liability if someone got hurt. My DH has put carpet down in our garden between the rows and around the edges. No weeds!! It would be perfect for what you want . Just cut to size and sweep it good and your good to go!!

Tudey 04-13-2014 05:55 AM

When we were kids, we would visit my aunt and uncle in Queens NY in the summer on our way to my grandparents' bungalow on Long Island. They had a pool set up in their driveway in the backyard, under the concord grape vines. The bottom of the pool always felt soft, not at all like it was on concrete. My uncle said it was because they always put it on top of my aunt's old boyfriend, Pete Moss (peat moss) so maybe that would work.

nanOmint 04-13-2014 06:30 AM

I'd go for the padding they put under the carpet. you can cut it to fit, double it if you like. It's not very expensive so you could spring for new. That's what I'd do.

Tink's Mom 04-13-2014 07:50 AM

I have some of the interlocking squares that I bought at Harbor Freight...very inexpensive. I put them in my granddaughters little cottage on the patio because she would trip on the lip of plastic in front of the door...after putting these in...no more tripping.
They should work just great under the pool. I bought them originally for in front of my cutting station.