Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Looking for vacation places in Florida (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/looking-vacation-places-florida-t272091.html)

Karen G 11-12-2015 05:28 AM

We love the Crystal River area. Great restaurants, friendly people. My husband and I have visited the area several times and always ready to go again. There is an area with springs that the manatees go to when the golf waters cool. Lots of places to walk.

marshaKay 11-12-2015 05:41 AM

Dunedin is fabulous! Also the home of Florida's best quilt shop. IMHO." Rainbow's End". Check out their website. Always stop there and do MAJOR damage to my credit card. Love that place, Dunedin, that is. Close to Clearwater and some major attractions. Do Busch Gardens. It's awesome. Better than Mickey World. rainbowsendquiltshoppe.com

barbrn1128 11-12-2015 07:54 PM

We spend some of the winter on siesta key which is near Sarasota. It has the best beach ever. My husband I and walk it everyday. It's six miles of the most beautiful white sand you'd ever see. We stay a casa mar which is right on the beach,. We love it.

emmy 11-13-2015 05:51 PM

On the east coast we have St. Augustine and Cape Canaveral. Our quilt guild is having a quilt show at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center Feb. 4-6.

raedar63 11-14-2015 08:03 AM

My brother lives in Panama City . If you stay close to that area there are very nice beaches away from the tourist destinations . Mexico Beach is very nice . Crooked mile beach is very secluded . I would go there every morning and be the only one there . If you stay near Panama City , check out Quilting by the Bay . A great shop and super nice ladies working there .

sewNso 11-14-2015 04:58 PM

we spent two weeks in jupiter, parked our RV in park there. there were several 'rental' units there. i was really impressed with the walkablility of the park, and the closeness to the beach, and there was a turtle reserve there. then we went to the west coast north of sarasota. it was beautiful. it's been several years, so ladies help me out with the names. huge flea market there, and lots of michigan people go there. lots of rentals at parks also....

Sandi 11-14-2015 05:35 PM

Anna Maria Island is near Tampa with great places on the beach and Gulf. The water is clear and warm

Cybrarian 11-14-2015 10:02 PM

I live in Largo which is between Clearwater and St. Petersburg, across the bridge from Tampa. Anywhere from Dunedin down to Naples is great, our area is known for our sugar sand beaches. I go to Dunedin all the time, in my area we have 4 great Quilt Shops, there are more in Tampa and all the way south to Naples. Great shopping, theater, museums and beach combing. Restaurants galore!

lots2do 11-16-2015 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by celwood (Post 7373185)
I would tell you that Dunedin Florida is a wonderful place to visit. Quaint town that does not allow big stores so all are owned by individuals. Also, it is close to Tampa, St. petersburg and Clearwater if you want to go to bigger towns.

That's what I was going to suggest! There's a great calendar of local events on the Dunedin site. St. Pete Beach is also nice.